Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
glx 2002 passat v-6 30 valve wagon / 4 motion / automatic. installed new vac. lines or most of them coming off the plate. How ever there is one small tiny tiny plastic line running off bank one side and under the plate across to bank two area. There are actually two lines like that but one runs up bank one side along cylinder head to the front that is connected. But this one little plastic line just seems to run no where. so I just taped it off. what could it be. where might it go nobody knows.

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
Pictures would be nice and highly recommended.
From the sounds of it, you're talking about a hard plastic line. There are (2) vacuum hard plastic lines that go to the Kombi valves.
Gotta be sure the lines are connected to the right connection(s) on the solenoids.

Reactions: jjpark

·
Registered
9,379 Posts
And there is one vacuum hard plastic line that goes to the brake vacuum reservoir.
Yes pictures would help.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well that's a help because one of the thin lines run over towards that brake vac.line. just could not find the larger hose for it to fit in. may have broke off when I put the breather hoses and pvc in. pretty tight back there. may have broke it. will get some picks up when I can get over to it.

·
Registered
9,379 Posts
That hard plastic line goes most of the way from the plate to the reservoir.
Trace it back from the reservoir in the front corner.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That hard plastic line goes most of the way from the plate to the reservoir.
Trace it back from the reservoir in the front corner.
that line did go to the front corner hooked to a larger line -- however the other one went over towards the brake vacuum line and stopped back right corner bank 2

·
Registered
27,233 Posts
I had 4 plastic lines. The two to the combi valves, the one to the reservoir and one to the intake change over valve on the manifold. This is the one to the intake valve, sorry it's a bit blurry

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
this set up looks different from mine. and the lines I speak of are little tiny and brittle lines that break easy and run to the bigger vacuum line

·
Registered
9,379 Posts
There are 4 of those hard lines, you need to check each one from end to end.
Two to combi valves, one to reservoir, and one to intake change over valve.
All 4 connect near the plate.

·
Registered
9,379 Posts
From what you have said, it appears the one you're looking for would go to the reservoir
or bank 2 combi valve.

·
Registered
27,233 Posts
The lines all switch between the thin plastic hard lines and the thicker rubber ones. There are 2 combi valves, they look like EGR valves, but technically are not EGR, just air injection.
In my pic above, the vacuum line is right next to the p/s line. This pic was taken with the coil pack removed, so you would have to look under there to see the intake actuator.
This is a pic of where the combi hoses start, it's off the solenoid on the front left of the vacuum plate.

This is a zoomed out pic of the area, the combi hoses are at the far left, starting from and under the solenoid with the green dot. The intake actuator hose is across the front of the plate to the solenoid with the blue dot.

·
Registered
27,233 Posts
Here are the actual combi valves, shown from the back of the engine with the trans removed:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
damn these are great pics--- I think I know where to look now .your the hero today. I'll get back with some pics when I find it.

·
Registered
27,233 Posts
I managed a few pics when I had the trans out and the others are from a coolant pipe writeup I did. I have my son's V6 out front that I can take more pics if needed.

Reactions: chipsouthard

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
so here is some pics of those lines number one shows where the line to no where strats. 2 shows what it is attached to. and 3 shows it runs across the back and stops. Now there is another back there and runs over to bank 2 and then down to the front./ Then there is another that runs from the same place in picture 1 or in that general area/ then down bank one to the front.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,379 Posts
I think you will find that, that hose connected to a "T" between the 2 combi valves.
Look for part of a broken "T" in the end of the hose.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts