Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does this elbow and valve do? :???:

Under WOT I am getting a hissing noise that is typical of a vacuum leak. This whole area was covered with a thin oily film that seemed to be coming from the elbow of the valve. Should be too hard to replace/fix, but what is it?

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
A vacuum hose, usually the culprit when people start losing boost, I replaced this one back in march or april. The new part was reinforced inside, the old was just rubber.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What part did you replace? Just the elbow or the whole thing?

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
part number: 027133784C

funny, i just did that too! i put in my n75 j vavle and all these people over on club18t said i should get spikes at 20-21 and hold around 17-18 or so....i thought they were all stupid cuz i didn't get none o' that. then i got a cel, then i heard this LOUD wooshing sound from under the hood......looked, that hose was not cracked, there was a freakin' hole in it! it took me and the dealership 3 days to find a part number for it (the clamp is in such a place that it rubs off some of the #) so, once again the part number is 027133784C, that is 027133784C (027133784C in case you didn't pay attention)

the dealer didn't have it, i had to go to the audi dealer to get one, no biggy. it is $7 or so, really cheap...

needless to say, i now spike at 20-21 and hold at 17-18!

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Check the other, larger, "L" shaped hose just to the right and below the one in the pic. The OE version tends to split in the inside of the elbow... under boost some gunk will fly out and generally coat the small "L" in your picture. (One guess why i'm familliar with this...)

The valve is a "check" valve... it only allows airflow in one direction (vacuum draws air towards the engine, in this case).

Based on my recent order to www.vwparts.com:

Large "L" hose... Part number: 06B-133-783-BC HOSE Price: $7.92 (Updated p/n... replaces OE 06B-133-783-L)
Small "L" hose... Part number: 058-133-394-B HOSE Price: $1.53
Check Valve... Part number: 058-905-291-D VALVE Price: $10.72

(These p/n's are correct for an AWM engine -- other 1.8T's may have different p/n's)

It's like I have a brand-new engine! :D

P.S. -- GAPassatman mentioned part number 027-133-784-C... that may be for a different engine code... check with the dealer service counter before you order.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
warknj -- do you know what 1.8T engine code you have? It's printed on the lifting bolt near the front of the engine, under the plastic cover.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
pete1 said:
warknj -- do you know what 1.8T engine code you have? It's printed on the lifting bolt near the front of the engine, under the plastic cover.
Pete, I have a AWM too. I fixed it this afternoon. Dealer had the part in stock. The old one was thin/cheap rubber and there was a 1/2" tear on the inside of the elbow. The new one the dealer gave me was much thicker so it should last.

Thanks for the help

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
pete1 said:
Check the other, larger, "L" shaped hose just to the right and below the one in the pic. The OE version tends to split in the inside of the elbow... under boost some gunk will fly out and generally coat the small "L" in your picture. (One guess why i'm familliar with this...)

The valve is a "check" valve... it only allows airflow in one direction (vacuum draws air towards the engine, in this case).

Based on my recent order to www.vwparts.com:

Large "L" hose... Part number: 06B-133-783-BC HOSE Price: $7.92 (Updated p/n... replaces OE 06B-133-783-L)
Small "L" hose... Part number: 058-133-394-B HOSE Price: $1.53
Check Valve... Part number: 058-905-291-D VALVE Price: $10.72

(These p/n's are correct for an AWM engine -- other 1.8T's may have different p/n's)

It's like I have a brand-new engine! :D

P.S. -- GAPassatman mentioned part number 027-133-784-C... that may be for a different engine code... check with the dealer service counter before you order.
the small "L" is the same as the ATW, and the large L had a number that was replaced with the same part # as the one above.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.