Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my vacuum check valve on top of the airbox is corroded to hell, and I wonder if the other ones are too. How many are there and where are they located, and is it a simple fix thing? Special tools or anything? Also, those clips, where can I get them?

·
Registered
28,888 Posts
Mine is gone too. I sealed it with silicone sealant until I can get new ones. I found 5 on my 2000. The one on the airbox and 4 around and under the intake. Move the coolant tank to see them.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I was able to pull the old valve out and then slide in the new one. I did have to wet the tips of the valve but it is really secure. it's not going anywhere and nothing is seeping out. it's been good for 3 years now. :wink:

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
I ripped off the one time use only clamps and replaced them with small fuel injection clamps from Napa. I also replaced the hose while I was at it. After six years that stuff was brittle on my car. The only other two check valves that I know of are under the intake manifold. I replaced three total including the one in the above picture. Impex has them cheap (my dealer wanted $17 a pop) and the hose is relatively inexpensive from Napa. Don't be surprised if the check valve doesn't come out easily, especially if the hose is dried up and brittle. If that's the case, the inside of the hose is formed to the shape of the valve fitting. Also, the check valves that I bought had an extra fitting on them that I just covered with 1/8" vacuum fitting plugs which I bought at Checker. :)

check out my post below for part numbers, etc...
http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=84167&highlight=

-Mark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.