Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you folks ever signed up for one of those vacation packages where they give you a free hotel stay at a resort for taking a survey or listening to a 1 hour promotion or attend a promotional event....or even a 6day/5 night package for $279 or so. Sounds too good to be true...just wondering if anyone here have ever tried it

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
My parents did the one for free tickets to Sea World when I was in 8th grade (a long time ago). They came back and said they would have rather paid for the tix because the group is extremely high pressure, they just harp on you and don't take no for an answer. So if you do those things, be ready to say "NO" 18 billion times (give or take a million).

They just rely on the fact that most people cannot say no after a while. Also watch out for "included" transportation to the event. Those that bought the timeshares got rides home right away, the rest of them had to wait over an hour for the buses. Plus, if you drive to the event you can leave right away.

Good luck

·
Banned
1,496 Posts
Couldn't agree more with gig. Understand that nothing in life is free so you will certainly "pay" for this vacation in the amount of aggravation they'll give you with the constant beating down you'll get to buy one of their crappy timeshares. You can probably get a good deal via Orbitz, Priceline etc. and save yourself the grief.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
My wife and I did! We just came back last week from our mini vacation. You can read all about it here: http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=74689&highlight=happy

High pressure? Nah... if you can handle it... and just say no. Just tell them that you're broke and poor. They'll leave you alone, and you get your discounted/free trip! After about 7 or 8 No's... they'll get the hint. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
High pressure sales tactics.

We tried one a few years ago. If you go, definitely heed gig's advice. Some friends and we were naive and jumped in the salesman's car to go on a 90-minute tour of his company's properties. After 95 minutes we told the guy we'd fulfilled our end of the bargain, but he refused to take us back to the office where our car was. As soon as we caught sight of our car a half-hour later, we jumped out of the salesman's car and ran away--befor he'd even stopped his own car.

Never again. :suspicio:

Filed a complaint, but then left it alone. Lesson learned. Don't be a schlamozel. :roll:

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
it can't be a good idea if they made this scheme into a married with children episode (the one with anthrax on it)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts