Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
custom 2.25 or 2.5 depending on what the Db level you are looking for.

Biggest gain will be from high-flow catalytic converters.

If not, HKS makes a quality one or a neuspeed...

Maybe even retro fit a 1.8T exhaust....:confused:

Q

·
Registered
471 Posts
TCWhite said:
Just replace the suitcase resonator with a 22" Thrush glasspack and call it a day.
I'm getting that done in about two hours! :biglaugh: Can't wait!:D I'll let you know how it sounds, V630V. :thumbup:

·
Registered
471 Posts
Just got my 22" Thrush glasspack resonator installed, and it sounds GREAT!! No drone on the freeway, a nice throaty sound that doesn't get too loud, it's awesome. There's a little drone at around 50-60 in 5th (man.), but turn the stereo up a little, and no noise! :D I'll find out how annoying the drone is on my way to work tomorrow. Part of my drive consists of about 15 mi. or so in a 50MPH zone, which in NV, means about 60-65 :lol: I love this thing. I definitely recommend it. The guy who did it said he doesn't know why they put that suitcase under there. He wasn't ready for the weight when he pulled it off and almost dropped it. He cursed it for being a useless pile of metal. Next for my exhaust is a magnaflow muffler.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
search V6 exhaust and you will get about 30 threads just like this one with some good ideas.

I have the HKS Klasse exhaust and LOVE it. Great sound...great look...and it was free!!!

·
Registered
471 Posts
zeitgeist57 said:
Where did you get the glasspack?
Summit Racing. Part No: WLK-24203. The cool thing about that is: I live in one of the two cities where they have a retail store, so I didn't pay for s+h.

Here's the link:

http://store.summitracing.com/default.asp?Ntt=WLK-24203&searchinresults=false&Ntk=KeywordSearch&DDS=1&N=115&target=egnsearch.asp&x=18&y=2

They go from 18", I think, to 30", and that's the fiberglass case inside the tube. Overall length is about 5 in longer

·
Registered
471 Posts
High-flow cats will see no gain! the older cars had very restrictive cats, but since about 96-97, they don't restrict noticably (sp?). Our V6 cats only produce about 4-5 lbs of back pressure, and that is necessary to keep our 206 ft/lbs tq. don't change your cats until they fail. Just replace that suitcase of a resonator, maybe change the muffler if so desired, but the V6 FWD exhaust is well set-up. Trust me about the cats and back pressure. I used to 4-wheel, and doing custom headers was a biotch! You have to step the headers properly to maintain tq. My Jeep wrangler had them, and they take a while to get it right. That cat, I punched out, because it was a 93 with godawful restriction.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts