Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any members / users in the northern half of Utah. Seems like we are not very well represented here at PassatWorld. Would love to exchange ideas and get to know some of you, pick your brains about a good INDY shop, and perhaps even have some GTG's (when we're not in Church of course).

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm in the SLC area. I have yet to deal with any shops since we've had the car for almost two weeks now, but I've heard great things about Streamline Industries for high-end tuning.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jake, so glad that someone joined. We have a couple others but they haven't posted here. I wouldn't mind getting a Passat club together, or even sharing experiences. We can use this web site, Until there is enough of us to get our own going.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I live in logan, I have looked into getting a GIAC chip done at streamline. I would really like to get one I just can't decide when/where to do it. I would be down for some meets and such.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We have Five (5) of us in the area. I think we could have some fun GTG's and help each other out. I have a VAG-Com and would be willing to help any of you with ECU issues. I am no expert, but learning some of the tricks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks, that's great to know! I don't have a VAG-Com and have had some times when I would like to see codes, ETC. A little FYI for you guys, I was in Citrubus' parts department this weekend, and their parts manager had nothing but great things to say about streamline. It sounds like they are buds, and he said that Streamline, (ELF) has tuned lots of cars, including a few that the parts guy had owned. I would be down with a GTG though, I know that there are a billion passats on Utah roads, and I just have a hard time thinking it's only us 5 that are on PW from northern UT

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The other tuner shop that I know of is TDC (Top Dead Center). I have never talked to Streamline myself, but my son prefers TDC. I think it's just a personal thing. If it ever stops snowing, we ought to try and do a GTG.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I want to join the Utah club! I'm in Salt Lake. I need to take my car in. I have a broken cv boot, bad coolant leak, and I think there is something wrong with the tranny. Is Streamline pretty pricey? Do you have any recommendations of who I can take my car into? My bro was a Mechanic so I have never had to take any of my cars into a shop, but he lives in AZ now and need to find someone who is dependable but also affordable. '03 V6 Wagon. I would love to be a DIY, but only have the one car and need to fix it asap.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don't know about streamline's prices, but you could call them and ask I know that they do maintenence stuff too and tuning. It's worth a shot for a good shop that knows a little about the car.:thumbup:

·
Self inflicted facepalm
1,447 Posts
I'm finally chiming in. I use Utah Imports. So far so good. Fair and reasonable prices. Had a wheel bear changed a couple of months ago. I only take it in to that shop if it's a knuckle buster job. Brakes and fluid changes I do myself.

I'm briefly chatted with sailor in a pm, which I'm bad at responding to.

I'm in SLC.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hail, fellow Utahns. I'm in happy valley. Just started perusing these forums again recently. I've got a silver 2000 1.8t sedan, btw.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I'm located in Utah (SLC, West Jordan Area)

I picked up my Passat a month ago. it's a showdow blue 3.6 4motor sedan. Now that I own a VW I seem to see move of them around, go figure. :driving:

I've been on the boards since my purchase and have learned lots of info.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Well, Ill be in Provo Monday night through Friday night visiting a friend at BYU. I'll be haning there with my wagon ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey, new Passat owner here in downtown SLC. Just got my '02 1.8T Passat this weekend. Have come on here looking to see where the good shops are for repairs and tweaking. First on the list, wheels. The tires on my Passat now are due for a change, so I might as well get something to replace the 15"ers. They look so small. Then I want to lower it. Anyone have recommendations on where to get a cheap set of 17"ers? I've been on KSL classifieds non stop since saturday and there are very few 5x112 wheels! Let me know where you guys go.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I say lower first and then get bigger wheels. I think a lowered car looks cool with smaller wheels in comparison to just bigger wheels that raise the car up and makes it look funny. Wow. I just noticed I haven't been on here in over a year.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I say lower first and then get bigger wheels. I think a lowered car looks cool with smaller wheels in comparison to just bigger wheels that raise the car up and makes it look funny. Wow. I just noticed I haven't been on here in over a year.
I agree. A smaller wheel gap and 15" rims looks better than 17" rims and a big wheel gap, IMO. Anyway, how are things for my fellow Utahns?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts