Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay first of all i have been searching all the forums and im getting no answers and im wondering if someone can help me out. the new angel eye projector headlights i just bought say on the side that i cant use hid bulbs but i already purchased the hid conversion kit before the headlights got to my house and im wondering if i can or can not use the H.I.D kit with the headlights can somebody please help me :confused:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tell me about it since the high and low beams are wired into one plug im not sure how to even hook the h.i.d up to it

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
but is it possible to put the hid kit in the headlight (ebay headlight) because for some reason it says no hid bulb allowed

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
It is just a precautionary statement...saving them from any insurance red tape. It is fine to put them in...just not legal. But then again, neither are aftermarket angel eye's, so who cares.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Good To Go

McCulloch kit is a little bit on $$$ side, yet it is a great kit and is plug-in play. I had a HID fog kit on my old car I upgraged my fogs to 3000k. I already have HID on my B5.5 and am I'll do the fog upgrage soon. It easy and here is a link for reference http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewItem&item=170068924318

If I was you I would stick to this kit it has a great reputation and on eBay you get what you pay for..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i think im just making this harder than it really is but my headlights i got off ebay for the high beams and low beams are one plug but two seperate bulbs so if i use my hid kit how would i wire it

·
In reverse, but chained to a tree.
13,904 Posts
to tell you in all honesty.
i wouldn't tryst ebay any farthur than i could throw it. (you ever try to throw a server box? o_O heavy...)

i'm not saying you were dumb for doing so, but i have trust issues there, despite ebay's precautions.

but still, if those angel eye headlights you have say don't use em, there's got to be a reason. maybe heat, or something. i dunno.

they wouldn't have to free themselves using legal statements like that, if they weren't neccesary. ever disclaimer comes from some idiot doing, what it says not to do, before the actual disclaimer was printed. :p

also, that's a tough decision to go with, on one hand, the angel-eyes look beautiful with that halo, and on the other hand, the hid's are brighter.

you can't see the halo if you stare into the sun -_-.

·
Registered
151 Posts
There is also a halo kit that is the halo itself it is a simpl CCFL and you can ad it to your headlights? Yet, do not use HID if tells you not to do so, the do run hot. here is a pick of a halo kit installed on my old cars headlights.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well i think the reason they say no hid bulb is because there 100w bulbs and i think it melts the wires i have the entire conversion kit but i could be wrong by the way those headlights look awesome

·
Registered
151 Posts
There is also a halo kit that is the halo itself it is a simpl CCFL and you can ad it to your headlights? Yet, do not use HID if tells you not to do so, the do run hot. here is a pick of a halo kit installed on my old cars headlights.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yeah I miss my LEXUS IS300 it got totaled and now I am a proud owner of a b5.5 w8. Actually, the imported scene is different compared to the Euro, but not too many mods for our car. Although, the w8 has some power compared to my is300 and I am very happy with my b5.5 W8. The Halo kit will work, yet you have to bake the light to loosen the resin compound that holds the light together and then reseal it, but if any of you have a old or spare light I can see if my guy can add it a kit in it.

The hid conversion kit will not melt any wires it has its own ballast. You'll be fine, yet the temp of the bulbs may melt the headlight dependant on its' integrity.. Since eBay probably not too good.

·
Registered
327 Posts
well i think the reason they say no hid bulb is because there 100w bulbs and i think it melts the wires i have the entire conversion kit but i could be wrong by the way those headlights look awesome
My HIDs are only something like 35W, they are less than a normal halogen bulb so will heat up less.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts