Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, what do you think is it worth it, i have an opportunity to get my hands on the last W8 importede here and its been used sparringly by the GMof the local dealer. It's mint and will be sold as 1st owner since it's registered to the dealer so I get the full warrenty. Cost around US$40,000 fully loaded with all the toys including Nav system full leather/suede and chrome package, chormed dual tail pipes, well too many things to list.
New listed price is around US$50,450 so it seems a good deal. 8)

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
hm, seems like a good deal there, they sell used here in the low 30's. A member in Dallas bought his with 25k (or similar) miles on it for $25,000. I'd be weary of replacement parts tho, might end up being harder to come by than a more common engine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
YA you may have a point, plus I am concerned about the maintenence issues, and of course the spare parts are going to be expensive once the warrenty is over. However, they will sell it as a 1st owner vehicle and the warrenty will start from the purchase/sold date. 3years-100,000km whcih should give me a good indication of the wear and tear. I thought that sounded abit expensive, but then again it is practically new and fully loaded, I am sure if i wait and negotiate for the next couple of months, I am confident I could get another 10-15% off the price.

BUT the real question is go for a usedW8, a new V6Touareg, or wait for the new Passat, not ot mention that the TDi are quite impressive aswell.
:thumbup:
Tough choices, bying a VW should be easy. :???:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
That is a lot of Paper anyway you slice it. GTI it is all on you. You are the one that will have to make the car payment if you think it is worth it go for it but if you can come up with that kind of money I am sure you can find something as nice or better for less used.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey gang, thanks alot for all the advise, limited that it was, has made me hesitate with the purchase good thing too, cause my wife's company has offfered her a new car as a bonus for her promotion. And guess what it is, yupp its a 2005 Passat 2.0. well its true that its no W8 but hey its new. and its a passat. Now we have to sell our Volvo S40 or my 99 passat. :roll:
Now let me think of a way to swing a deal to get the w8 passat through this offer since its a new car from the dealer :wink: ya ya i must try. he he By the way I was away on vacation for a while so thats why I was out of touch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.