Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I read many things regarding Eurodyne Maestro 7 before purchasing. Interested because of the possibility of using the preloaded tunes on both my B5.5 and my MK7.5

Once I did the initial ecu read and sent the file to eurodyne they replied with a go ahead to use the ‘03-‘05 AMB preloaded Stage 1 thru 3 files with the associated mods required per stage. I’m a newbie at this so I didn’t trust that the AMB files were the ones to be used, given that my wagon has an AWM engine. Called eurodyne to confirm that AMB should be used and they told me to go ahead with AMB (despite the program’s prompt warning me that the AMB files may be incorrect).

This proved to work well, and AMB has nice options like K04, Frankenturbo F21, and Stage 3 files with larger injectors for bigger turbos.
I’m happy with the basic Stage 1 tune results. Engine actually starts up and idles more smoothly and you can feel that little K03 working harder. Car is a tad quicker than the slow cow it used to be. My son upgraded it from “slow turd” to “feels sporty!”

I have a downpipe and high flow cat ready to go on to go Stage 2.

After that, thinking about taking a gamble on the $360 K04 from Stigan on Amazon and see how that goes (read mostly good reviews on that turbo- I know, I know, it’s a gamble!).

Anyhow, so far happy with my initial Eurodyne Maestro experience. You do have to communicate with them to get things started (with the initial ecu read) and you may have to contact them to navigate your way around the interface (I did!).

·
Registered
654 Posts
Congrats, I also went the Maestro side a few months back and as you did I also had to use the AMB files. Only using a stg 1 flash but so far so good. Good luck with your setup

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats, I also went the Maestro side a few months back and as you did I also had to use the AMB files. Only using a stg 1 flash but so far so good. Good luck with your setup
Enjoying the Stage 1 flash as well... I can actually pass people using the throttle now as opposed to needing to carry momentum to pass!
I decided to skip Stage 2 and pursue the K04 install and run BOSCH 380cc injectors (could not source 371cc injectors per the file description). Eurodyne confirmed the 380cc are close enough to use.... Looking forward to seeing how that K04 file runs! Install next week!

·
Registered
654 Posts
Nice, I plan on setting up a custom file for 630cc injectors & a hybrid GT2554r turbo that I'm making for my DD, Still sourcing parts so its gonna be another month or 2 before I start that up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts