Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

61 - 80 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
I totally forgot spotted two Golf/GTIs was too excited to see what they were. On the QEW heading towards Burlington one day last week. They looked like Mk2s, nice paint, lowered, rims, exhaust, tints. One is a member on vortex cause the license was "Mizz triz" and I know I've seen that username before. I drove up beside one guy looked over and gave him the thumbs up.

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
I passed through Toronto Yesterday on the 401 from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. (yes, two effing hours to get across the city :banghead: )....

Anyone spot me? :D
Welcome to the club, spent almost two freaking hours on 401 getting to Mississauga yesterday...same timeframe...and Friday on top of this! Kids were going nuts! This is worse then NYC!!!
I will be back in Sauga on Monday, need to go up north to visit my brother for the weekend.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Have fun, PM me on Monday I'm in Burlington so if the Canadian boys can't get a little GTG in sauga I can prob meet up wit ya for a bit.

·
murdered out Jetta, er, B5 Passat
11,170 Posts
:beer:

Jac, I need for you to pick me up a copy of the worthesee '09 DVD from Wagen Werks at H2Oi. I already talked to them, there gonna have their own tent at the show and they will be selling the DVD's there 100%. There $20 US, I can paypal you the cash, just PM me your paypal addy and I can send you the money ASAP. You are free to watch it and/or make a c0pie of it if you want before you ship it out to me.

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
:beer:

Jac, I need for you to pick me up a copy of the worthesee '09 DVD from Wagen Werks at H2Oi. I already talked to them, there gonna have their own tent at the show and they will be selling the DVD's there 100%. There $20 US, I can paypal you the cash, just PM me your paypal addy and I can send you the money ASAP. You are free to watch it and/or make a c0pie of it if you want before you ship it out to me.

Just remind me right before the show, otherwise I will forget. Better yet send me a PM like Thursday before the show, you can pay me later when I pick it up, no problem...

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I'm pretty sure I saw gerwazy last week in Mississauga going north on Southdown Rd/Erin Mills just above the QEW. There was a silver B5.5 in front of you too and I was going southbound in the left lane at top speed. Was going to post earlier but forgot.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Looked like the boeser hood, not sure about the tails didn't get a chance to look.
License plate was yellow though from the front.

Who is Caroline?

·
Registered
8 Posts
:)Hi! from Turkey to all passatlovers of all the world..This is my second passat.First was 99 model 1,8 Basicline hybrid {both gas and LPG (liquid petrol gas)} and now I've bought a new 2003 Model Passat Comfortline hybrid with 130 hp force...As far as, I've purchased this car I investigated the prices in different countries of the world.For instance, When i searched used cars in the net in USA Unfourtanely i saw the view that has very low prices which can't not be compared the ones in Turkey.What an unprecedent car taxes in Turkey..I support my friend above.If i compare the prices between Turkey and USA, my car's price is averagely 2500-10000 USD in USA However the price band is meanly 16500-22000 USD in Turkey..That is why what do you think about the prices if you'll compare between your country (or USA) and Turkey...I'm looking forward your comments especially about the prices and the other features about this model...See You....:thumbup:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yesterday only the way back from Oakville on highway I met (keep forgetting his name) a guy who came with us one @ timmies (charles or dean) should remember. The Cali Red Lowered Passat with huge dark wheels :D.....Honked him up :D

·
murdered out Jetta, er, B5 Passat
11,170 Posts
Forgot to mention that I saw a 1998 :b5: Passat, black on grey leather, bone stock. But when I was walking behind it I couldn't believe my eyes! I rubbed them a few times to make sure I wasn't imagining things. It turned out that it had a NA spec drivers side taillight and a Euro spec passenger side taillight. I was like, "WTF"?!?!

This was like a month ago at a Crappy Tire store in Richmond Hill. I was just entering the store when I saw it, didn't see the owner when I was approaching the store but on my way out of the store walking out to my :b5:, I saw the owner just getting into the car, it was a 45 year old lady with a small daughter (maybe 8 years old). They were Italian; I know that because they had an Italian sticker on their trunk.

I thought that was interesting, I should have asked her if we could trade taillights, all I would have needed then was a driver’s side Euro spec one and I would have been all set.

·
for your entertainment...
7,035 Posts
Not cars but airplanes.

Was driving to Parc Omega (animal preserve) with my daughter, so driving in Gatineau, east to Montebello and I spotted flying in formation two CF-18s and a tanker, as well as a P51D Mustang, Goodyear Corsair, Hawker Hurricane, Supermarine Spitfire and an Avro Lancaster flying circuits. :icon_eek:

The jets were cool but the WWII birds were waaaay cooler. The sound of those Rolls Royce Merlins (seven of them) plus the double rotary engine from the Corsair was AMAZING!

No pix since I was driving, but really cool to see. Vintage Wings of Canada (located at the Gatineau airport) was hosting a tribute to all WWI and WWII Victoria Cross winners.

:salute:

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Whoa! That must be awesome! Only if you knew they were comin', yeah?

CF18s is ordinary.. with a tanker.. maybe abit special.. but with those vintage birds, extraordinary!

·
for your entertainment...
7,035 Posts
Whoa! That must be awesome! Only if you knew they were comin', yeah?

CF18s is ordinary.. with a tanker.. maybe abit special.. but with those vintage birds, extraordinary!
It was pretty cool, Charles, but Vintage Wings is headquartered in Gatineau and I saw the Corsair, Hurricane and Spitfire flying over my office last week. They have an impressive selection of aircraft, including a flying F86 Sabre in RCAF Golden Hawk colours (pre-snow birds).

If aircraft are in town (as many are out on the show circuit all summer), they 'exercise' them on Friday afternoons. I gotta get there one day for some pix.

61 - 80 of 96 Posts