Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to know how many people are of have gone to a Formula 1 event in the US or else where. I think I am going to Indy for the F1 event in June.

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
They're still having it this year? I thought it was axed already due to poor attendance.

·
Registered
428 Posts
stealthx32 said:
I thought it was axed already due to poor attendance.
I don't think Tony George would like that idea. :wink:
Haven't been to any of the F1 races at IMS yet, but maybe I'll go to this year's event since it's in June. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was invited by someone who is working the event. A track officail so I guess if he already has tickets and has already been given his pass I think it is still on. If anyone knows how I can get a pit pass let me know. 8)

·
Registered
602 Posts
This will be my 4th time to the Grand Prix at Indy. It's worth going to. Last year also had tix on the hairpin at Montreal.

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
I wanna go too. I used to be a big fan of F1 untill Ayrton Senna died in 1994 .
We Brazilians were really pround of him .
He died on May first.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
It's gonna be golden week for US F1 fans... the GP of Canada is the weekend of June 13th with the US GP only a week after.

I was glad to see the race in Bahrain. The course is so wide it reminds me of Sepang in Malaysia. I'm looking forward to the race in China. The track has some really unique elements and the facilities look like something from the future.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I live in Indy and have been to all 4 USGP. Last year's GP was the best!
The atmosphere is more relaxed and behaved compared to the 500. Much more international flavor and not as crowded. This year it take place in June the weather will be nicer than September.
Lots of Ferrari and Montoya fans. Last year I went to open pit day, and got all three Renault drivers autographs and saw a close up of the Mclaren MP17D it was a mere two feet away from me! :)
If can I would go because you never know the future of F1 racing in the USA.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I'm resurrecting this old thread to get the attention of members that posted to it, since I haven't been getting any responses to this thread.

I'm thinking of going to the 2005 USGP and am looking for advice on attending.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Cool...I am actually considering a trip myself, maybe. Gonna do more race weekends and this is the biggie here, in my mind. (Not a fan of circle racing) I also do enjoy watching the F1 races on Speed, and it seems that if you really want to know what is going on, that's the only way. But I would guess there is noting like being there.

How do they keep the spectators up-to-date on race events, places, etc? (for those that have been). Are you really able to keep up?

I understand the the access to the pits beforehand is a big highlight. I know it would be for me.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
I've been to the Australian GP once, the Canadian GP three times and the US GP for the inaugural year.

GPs live are phenomenal. Yes, bring ear plugs but make sure to pop them out once in a while!

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Holicow said:
Cool...I am actually considering a trip myself, maybe. Gonna do more race weekends and this is the biggie here, in my mind. (Not a fan of circle racing) I also do enjoy watching the F1 races on Speed, and it seems that if you really want to know what is going on, that's the only way. But I would guess there is noting like being there.

How do they keep the spectators up-to-date on race events, places, etc? (for those that have been). Are you really able to keep up?

I understand the the access to the pits beforehand is a big highlight. I know it would be for me.
This would be my first trip, so I don't know what they do to keep past attendees informed...they might just be on their own, like the rest of us. If we go, we'll probably head up to Columbus to see my wife's sister and then across to Indianapolis. Now that I think of it, one of my neighbors has works as a track marshall at some of the CART races and has been to several F1 races...I bet he knows a thing or two on the subject. I'll have to go see him and remind him about the time he borrowed my mower. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts