Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried a search...but didn't really find an answer.....my drivers side window fell off the track and I need to know if there is any way to get at it without taking the whole inner panel off.....I'm gonna run out of daylight very fast and it happens to be like 65 degrees in Mich right now so I NEED TO GET THIS DONE TODAY!!!!!PLEASE HELP!!!!!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So both clips are shatterd...I don't know if it's really a job I fell like tackleing myself because I really don't have any where inside that I could do it....so does anyone know how much this is probably gonna run me?

·
Registered
9,414 Posts
it happened to my cousin A4 and we opened the door panel and the plastic window roller and cable snapped so we lifted the window up by hand and zip tied the rail so it stays on the up position ............
hardest part was putting the dam door panel back on .....

·
Registered
511 Posts
I currently have this problem too, front drivers window fell in the door. At first I used the duct tape method - http://www.passatworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=224424 but it didn't hold well and it looked BAD. On the advice of bass_lover1 I used some styrofoam jammed in between the inner door panel and the window to hold the window up and it looks much cleaner and seems to be working well.

I have a regulator on order, I should have it the middle of next week. I'm wondering why folks seem to go through the trouble of drilling out the rivets on the speaker and motor and then moving them to the new part as opposed to just moving the clips to the old part. Is the new part different than the original?

Also, I'm really bummed to find out that for the Jetta they have made the clips available separately and changed them from plastic to metal. Why not the Passat? :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts