Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am selling my W8 to my godmother - basically for the amount I still owe for payoff (ca. $25k). In turn, she is going to give me her (my former) 2000 GLS V6 5-spd Passat with only 33k miles on it which she bought from me in 2001.

This has worked out quite well. My godmother takes a step up - I still get to see my W8 from time to time - and I get back a low mileage car I always loved and will have no - repeat - NO - car payment.

So. What should I do with that extra money I am going to have lying around every month? :lol:

My new (again) Passat:

THOSE STOCK 16" WHEELS must change first!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pacent said:
oops...hehe...either way...chicks who drive stick are very cool indeed.
I will tell her that you said so. You will put a nice smile on her face.

So. Where's a good place to find a 5-spd. shift knob that will fit this B5? I never did like the stock wood one.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
That's quite a switch, dude! W8 6-Speed to 2000 GLS V6 5-Speed, are you missing any of the luxury touches like power seats, xenons, climatronic, etc.? I would have traded you my '01.5 GLX 4-Motion and some cash for your W8.... :wink:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sentraSR20 said:
That's quite a switch, dude! W8 6-Speed to 2000 GLS V6 5-Speed, are you missing any of the luxury touches like power seats, xenons, climatronic, etc.? I would have traded you my '01.5 GLX 4-Motion and some cash for your W8.... :wink:
Yeah - I posted a few days ago. My "tax situation" is about to change drastically - so no more being a ballar (at least for a while. :wink:)

·
Banned
9,668 Posts
Aaron, glad to see that you still make out fairly well with this. Even though the W8 isnt going to be yours, Im sure that your godmother will let you take it for a drive every once in a while.

And I agree, for her to be driving a manual, thats great. I dont know too many women that drive standards as a daily driver.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rich P said:
TIme to change your username, Aaron5speed.
I wondered how long it would take for some Smart-A :wink: to bring that to my attention.

And my godmother is 52. She must never ever know of this website or she would track my every move.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
So she just GAVE you the car? Then bought yours? WOW she rocks!!

I'd track down so 18/19" Axis and then drop that bad boy!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think I am going to go with some RS4 replicas and the stock VW Eibach sport drop - if no one has anything too terrible to report about the latter. 8)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So the deal is done. She has the W8 which she has now named "Madame" (go figure) and the '00 V6 is back in my garage. Feels almost like it never left my possession at all.

I miss my xenons - and my steering wheel audio controls - and my auto-dimming mirror. But surprisingly I do not miss 6th gear......

On the way home from Ohio I definitely came to a more "informed" understanding of AWD vs. FWD. 4Motion was a good thing, but oh well. :???:

So - here are some mods I have planned for the next few days if all goes well.

1. Eibach pro-kit springs
2. Koni shocks
3. Toss the 15's and slap some SSR Competitions on.
4. Change out the yellow halogen bulbs for Silverstars

That will all hopefully be finished by Monday

then - next week - I have ordered
5. A short shifter from Diesel Geek
6. A leather treatment kit and interior vac from Griot's (technically not a mod)
7. Monster mats
8. ? Was there an 8? I have already blown so much blasted money I can't remember - and I have only had the car for 4 days. :(

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
First I would jump on the Neuspeed Sport spring group buy & Neuspeed Bilsteins and drop that thing. Then I would get some nice 18's!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts