Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rims are finally in: I like how they look: Now I need the tint: Change the grill: not to much else:

This is the car now with the rims on it, I apreciate everyone input and advice. I am happy with what I chose they are heavier, But I dont plan on racing my car anyway. Its more for profiling.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input

Yes I do want to paint the bottom half, it would make it look better. I wanna lower it, but in my area, we have to many bad roads. On my old car A3 Jetta, I messed up two pair of 16"s, Now I have these w/ 17's. I cant afford to buy new tire and wheels every other month when I hit a pothole.

·
Registered
134 Posts
No offence, but why must you type HUGE and in blue?
Note that no one else does. It is considered YELLING on most message boards (the large type) and showing off (the colored text).
Just thought I'd mention it politely before someone rips into you. :)

Car's nice though.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Come on Warped, no need for that. Rims are a personal choice.

Yes I do want to paint the bottom half, it would make it look better. I wanna lower it, but in my area, we have to many bad roads. On my old car A3 Jetta, I messed up two pair of 16"s, Now I have these w/ 17's. I cant afford to buy new tire and wheels every other month when I hit a pothole.
Why would lowering your car allow more damage to your wheels?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I apreciate

Hello All I apreciate the advice and comments, Yes rims are a personal choice I chose these wheels, because I wanna behave, I am treating the car like a Sport Sedan, not like a Tuner Car. IN OCT 2003, i had a fixed up A3 jetta, lowered, rims, tint, KN, al that stuff, Totalled hit by a truck, 3 days later, bought a 2001 VR6 Jetta, 15 hours later Totalled it, Speed Balling on Highway. Did not even have the car for a whole day. So the passat is to slow me down, Styling, profiling no more speeding. WELL TRYING NOT To.
:)

·
Registered
134 Posts
please write "I promise not to total my Passat." 100 times on the chalk board. :)

thanks for killing the big blue text.

some like your wheels, some don't, hey, if we all liked the same thing it would be dulllllllll.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
7 Participants
SeattleReign
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing