Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The entire Climate Control portion is totally dark... Speed knob, Temp knob, Vents knob, A/C button, and Recirculate button. I tried searching for past posts, but I didn't really find one about this specific part of the dash. Any chance this could be just a fuse, or is it definitely the bulb(s)?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have the same problem. I thought it might be the bulbs, so I went to the parts guy at the VW dealer to see how much they are. Part # N-017-751-2. $1.32 each. He said it might be more than just the bulbs. That's coming from a parts guy, not a machanic.

·
Registered
211 Posts
there's a led behind the middle dial. put it to the 12 o'clock position and pull out the dial, and you'll be able to swap out the led.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update:
The dealership fixed mine for free just a few months ago ONLY b/c they unexpectedly needed to keep my car overnight for a different repair. Well, it's out again. I'm starting to think this recurrent problem involves a bad fuse or bad wiring on VW's part. :mad:

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
i had my center vent lights go out (the dials that change the direction of the air coming out of the center vents).....i kinda just tapped the trim around the vents and the lights kicked back on :crazy: whatever, that was a month ago and i havent had that problem since

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just started experiencing the same problem last week. The climate control lights would go out once in a while, and come back after I tapped on the knobs. Eventually, they just went out for good. I'm taking the car in for service next week, so I'll get to find out what's up.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I just pulled off the center knob and the light bulb just rolled out with it. It was completely loose, just fell out of its socket. So I put it back into place and BLADOW we've got redness again! :thumbup:

·
Registered
26 Posts
what to do now?

passatplus said:
http://www.passatplus.de/arbeitshilfen/leuchtmittel/klima.htm
My question is I can't seem to get the light out. (stuck firmly) Should I concentrate on just the bulb, or does the white socket come with it. Any ideas to make this easier?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts