Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I was replacing my boost hoses and vacuum hoses yesterday and notice this hose was spongy and sticky. So I went the the dealer to get a replacement. The parts guy looked it up and looked at me and said that's odd. He then proceeded to go to my car and get the VIN. He came back and explained that they always have to order this hose, however all of the VW dealerships recieved 65 of these hose for the 1.8T engines. He thought it may be an upcoming recall and had the service manager look up the recall list. It was a recall that was going out in August. The new series for this hose ends in "P". You can go to you dealership and get it replaced free of charge or pay $15 to do it your self. Either way you may want to stop by and get the part and my dealer said once the recall is out there, they won't last and they would hold your car overnight possibly to wait for the part. FYI:icon_eek:

David

·
Registered
318 Posts
This is good news. That hose on my '02 is at the pure sponge stage and feels ready to split open any day. I think VW only used quality lines in the fuel system as they appear to be the only ones that don't disinegrate on a regular basis.

·
Registered
364 Posts
great post. Just went outside and looked at mine, and it's a sponge. I called my dealer, waiting to hear back if this is an actual recall. It was good to cause I noticed two of my coils were popped out again.

·
Registered
364 Posts
if anyone has the part number that would be great, as I just got a call back that my 2001.5 AWM is not covered under any related recall. They did say there was a cracnkcase breather hose recall on the 2002 and up.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I called my dealership this morning and they scheduled me in for thurs. They ran my vin and also said that I had two more recalls on the heated seats. They fixing it all at once. This was on an a 2002.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That was the first series. I don't know what the series was before that. They had 2 updates on that hose since the original manufacturing.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
checked my VIN at the dealer, it is not part of the recall (2004.5 1.8T)

He said it *may* be possible that it will be added, ie. if they are doing it in stages. but nothing definite at this time.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts