Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I want to chip my 1.8t AEB (swapped into my 84 rabbit). I've got a front mount and a k03-s.
APTuning is pretty close to me. They told me that they would chip it with a United Motorsport chip. I haven't heard much about UM. I couldn't find much on them either.

Does anyone here run a UM chip/ know someone who does? Is it any good or should I go for another company (apr, giac, uni)

Thanks for the info.

·
Resident a-hole knowitall
15,709 Posts
the C2 head software guy Jeff left C2 and started UM with APtuning. C2 software has always been pretty good, and given its the same guy as C2 i would suspect nothing less.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For reference for anyone in the future, I HIGHLY recommend the United Motorsport Chip. I've only had it since Saturday, but so far I am thoroughly impressed with it. I noticed a world of difference. They advertise 19 psi, but I have a huge front mount and a lot of piping. I was at 5psi before the chip. I'm at 12psi now and :icon_eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.