Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Doing some work on my 2007 1.9L TDI Passat for which I've had to remove the front (upper) grille section.

Underneath the grille there are two cracked plastic inserts which I want to replace at the same time as the other job (front headlight replacement!). Pictures attached.

I've been to my nearest "pull it yourself" breakers yard to source spares but they didn't have my particular Passat model so I'll have to try elsewhere, however as I'm not confident on the name or function of these parts, requesting or googling the spare I need is currently not possible :confused:

Assistance / information on these parts that would help would be greatly appreciated, thanks :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
check out Jim Ellis VW as they have a pretty comprehensive parts search as to parts group etc. at least in regards to the B5 series, but imagine the B6 series is covered as well ,I will look tmrw also. but at least you can get the P/N on that site to direct you in correct direction then post in this forums "parts wanted"

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, thanks for your help, I believe I've solved this.

I had a look at that website, looks great for future reference, although it shows the parts I need in the exploded view it didn't give the part numbers.

Opened up my car again, the part numbers are on the parts (doh!) Couldn't remove one without removing the bumper but managed to find the bit online anyway through a related search.

They're both air guides / water deflectors which is pretty much what I figured!

Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.