Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last weekend my cell phone rings and it's a SF number so I figured it could be someone I knew... So i pick up and it was a black lady.... she started yelling frantically and so I said um...sorry you have the wrong number, so she said sorry and hung up

5 mins later, same number so i reject the call and then there's a voicemail. Checked the voicemail and it was a recording of someone's conversation... it was kind of ghetto... "blah blah blah shouldn't be all up in mah business" scaarrry so that was the end of it....

then last night, called again so i picked up and said you have the wrong number can you not call anymore? so she's like i'm so sorry.....

at 3am! the phone rang twice, so i finally turned off the phone which i never do cuz i dont' use the regular phone and the fact that i'm LA....

but my real question is.... is there a way to block a phone number? it's getting annnnoying! this is the first time this has happened!!!! ahhhh

·
Registered
411 Posts
I had a similar problem about a year ago. It didn't matter how many times I told them they were calling the wrong number, they kept doing it over and over and over again. I was on T-Mobile at the time and they wouldn't block the number for me, so I got a new number instead.

If your phone supports this feature, you can set a silent ring tone for that number. I'm not sure of any other solutions... other than changing your number. I would change your number at a last resort.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ummm i'll play around with the phone...i think i could do that... hehe i don't want to change my number, i've had this number for 5 years hehehe kinda attached to it :p

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
I got this call one time at around 11:30 p.m., I was just starting to doze off on the sofa, my wife and the dog were beside me sound asleep. I jump up, thinking the worst thoughts (like someone died or something) and it's some lady and she starts swearing at me at the top of her lungs going on and on. She thought I was her son, her son was supposed to pick her up for work or something and I interrupted her and I said "first of all, nice language - secondly, I'm not your son but if I were I'd wash your filthy mouth out with soap - you should be ashamed of yourself talking that way. . ." by the end of the call she was crying and apologizing left and right - seriously - she was really shaken up that I called her out on it. I kept thinking to myself "she must be drunk, why is she listening to a total stranger yelling at her when she could just easily hang up?" What's even more ironic is that this is coming from a notorious potty mouth that I am, I was just more upset that she woke me up than anything, but that language was horrible. I am the epitomy of the pot calling the kettle black on that one, but I had my fun with her and I'll bet she'll think twice before dialing next time! ;)

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
Johnny B5.5 said:
It was L'il Sis, she was looking for Bubb Rubb.

:lol: :lol:

I used to get a call for the same lady all the time and it was different people. The first couple times i would just say, "sorry wrong number" but then i just started messing with people. They would call and say and ask , for her so i said. "Shes not here right now, can i take a message" i would get lots of stuff asking here to remember the cake for the party, remember to me at the movies, etc. It didnt really bother me to much though. Then i hadent gotten a call for her in a couple months and my phone rings and they ask to speak with her, i wasnt in the mood to mess with them so i said, "sorry youve got the wrong number" and hung up. Then they called back and i answered again, they started with, "I know that you are not her, but do you have a number at which i could reach her." I said, "no" and hung up. Then they called back AGAIN, this time i answered, didnt even let them speak i just said, "I DONT KNOW WHO SHE IS STOP CALLING". I figured this would let them know not to call anymore. Well i was wrong they called back, i didnt answer, then they called again now by this time i was wondering why they wanted to speak to her so bad so i answered. Not this is the strangest part of the story, the guy said, "I was just wondering where she was becuase she was supposed to me in court today since she has not paid her child support for 5 months." I said, "Sorry i wish i could help you, but i really do not know where she is. Well he didnt believe me and said, "I really need to speak to her if you can give me a way to contact her" Again i said, "I really dont know i am sorry". He then apologized for taking up my time. Now i havent gotten a call for her since.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah when i hear my phone go off that late in the night, I get scared that something has happened too..... I would tell this lady off but she sounds like one of those angry scary black women.... someone I wouldn't want to deal with... so I think i'll just ignore the calls from now on hehehe :weirdo:

·
Banned
3,006 Posts
I got a cell phone a little while back and it was hell. All of the sudden I got a call from this lady that says "have you got my cell phone". Basically she lost her cell phone which was supposedly the same number as mine. Well I had just bought mine brand new and so needless to say I kept getting calls asking for someone else, till I finnally changed the damn number. freakin AT&T sucks. :roll: anyways good luck with the problem, unfortunately I don't know how to block numbers.

Nick

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I always go the whistle route, loud blast usually eliminates call backs.

A little story kinda alond the same lines...I was a daycamp counselor for several years, high school and early college, anyway one afternoon I got a call, the name and number on the caller ID happened to be one of my kids parents :???: , well I answered and guess who it is, a couple of my daycamp kids trying to prank call, they did not know who they had called, hehe, so I, being known to be a prank caller myself(back in the day 8) ) reversed the situation and really put the fear of god in them, I started by calling them by name, then telling them their address, even what they were wearing down to the girls bracelet. Well let me tell you they were both so scared they were still telling the tale at daycamp for weeks, anyway thought it was pretty funny, btw these kids were in 7th and 8th grade, so I didnt feel that bad about it :lol:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I think you can block certain #'s you just have to go through your phone... Once I was driving cross-country (1 of my 4 times :weirdo: ) and I get a call in like Tulsa,OK, and there are 2 ladies talking crap on one of the other ladies husbands! I said "hello", but no one could ear me! I was ease-dropping for like 20mins. laghing my ass off! :lol: Finally the lady's husband came home, and she said "Here comes that basterd now! I gotta go." It was the best 20mins. of that trip! :thumbup: I wish phone convo's would get crossed more often! :wink: But then again, maybe not. :nervous: :eek:h:

·
Registered
551 Posts
jesus christ... i figured someone was going to go there... gimme a break.

you can't tell if you're talking to a black person? (and for all you politically correct people, yes i understand that some black people don't sound like black people)...

i know, i'm a racist for saying i can diferentiate between an asian and a black person, and a...

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I had a problem like that a while back. I eventually handed the phone to my uncle who told the lady he was a cop. He told her that if she ever called again he would have her arrested for disturbing the peace or some bs like that. She never called again.

·
Banned
5,213 Posts
One time some chick kept calling our number and looking for this guy. I told her there was no one here by that name. She kept calling, told her the same thing but still kept calling. I finally put an end to it when I told her the guy he was looking for was not available because he's out with some other chick (I mentioned some random female name). No more calls since.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts