Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
9,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I really dont like the gap by the passenger side of the cover, so Im going to fab up a part that I can use to fit over the gap and peice it together to be one peice. I'm also going to replace the back section under the windshield because it was cracked in shipping. Next, adding a little accent strip around the silver grille area to draw the red, green, and silver together. The battery cover peice will get a little black and red accent for the batter neg and pos sides. Still, a little trimming is needed to make it fit nicer. So, give me your opinions so far.

Steve

·
Registered
283 Posts
Steve, did you have to add flex agent to the paint for the ends of the cover? I just got a cover to retrofit on my car and noticed that the ends are actually rubber rather than the normal plastic.

·
Banned
9,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
AidanLee said:
Steve, did you have to add flex agent to the paint for the ends of the cover? I just got a cover to retrofit on my car and noticed that the ends are actually rubber rather than the normal plastic.
The paint that I used was left over from when I placed an order with PaintScratch.com. I had them add hte flex agent to the last run and its turned out OK. With moving the rubber parts, the paint does chip, which I knew would happen. No big deal though to me...

Lelo... lemme know man, dont think I will be painting these things for too much longer.

Thanks again all,
Steve

·
Registered
621 Posts
Very nice!!! Was the B5.5 battery cover behind the firewall a direct fit? Also, I like the blue/white VW badge on the cover (not to mention the 1.8T) which is not '98-ish! Maybe a red T might go with your color scheme (or do you think that would be overkill?).

How did you do the red accent line on the cover? That's really eye-catching. Good job!!!

TGH

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.