Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been loving this VNC thanks to all who pointed me in this direction!

One question though... Is there a way to set the default password? I'm getting tired of launching the server and setting the password... I'd like to just add the program to the autoexec and set a perminate password so that I can access the server at any time with the same password....

Anyone know how to pull this off?? TY!

·
Registered
774 Posts
what OS ??

I've been running VNC in my office forever and pretty much we just start it as a service under NT, 2k or XP and as long as you set the def. password when you install it...it will stick in there

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Win XP... I didn't see any option to set the password during the install... As it stands every time I launch the VNC it defalts to some unknown pass word, maybe "ultravnc"??...

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm exploring some command line switches... The weird part is that you can set an automatic password with the viewer but, I still don't see how to set the default server password....

I've tried realVNC but, without going into detail, I've settled on ultraVNC... Thanks for trying though! :bow:

There has to be a way to set the defalt password... I'm just not finding it....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
2 Participants
upshot
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing