Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!
I have had a good search of the forum but I have not come up with a firm answer to my question.
I currently have a B5.5 pd130 5speed that has been showing airbag fault warning.
Codes read using a cheap reader..01222.
Swapped the passenger side crash sensor with the drivers side and now have 01221.
So I now know I have a bad crash sensor.
Part number: 6Q0909606.

Easy to find the part...but I have read its bloody hard to find one that will match my car.

How can I go about getting the right one first time?

Any help appreciated as this is all I need to correct for the UK mot retest.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok...I have further found this but I have not got a clue what I refers to?

"The ID of the currently installed Crash Sensors can be determined by checking Measuring Value Block (MVB) 009."

Info found on ross~tech in reference to code 01222.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow I missed that piece of information thank you!

So am I correct in thinking i can get the "code" changed on a good second hand one to suit my vehicle?

Also one interpretation would be the car could possibly automatically change this?

·
Registered
9,833 Posts
It is my understanding that all index codes in the vehicle must match, the software code is based on the index code.

Important Note: VW parts departments have recently been carrying and supplying to Mk4 customers the 04 Index of Airbag controllers as a replacement for several different Index numbers. If the vehicle originally had a different Index number such as 1E, then other components in the vehicle like crash sensors may need to be changed in order to make the 04 Index work. The dealership should provide information on any needed additional parts.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
Easy to find the part...but I have read its bloody hard to find one that will match my car.

How can I go about getting the right one first time?
Ultimate answer for replacing any VW part has (for decades) been to remove the part from the car, and have the dealership research the part number. The "old" impact sensor installed when the car was assembled may well have had 2-3 supersessions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts