Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
0 Posts
Dam tough break, you can send that on down to brooklyn, ill a fix it right up for ya! :wink: :lol:

·
Banned
9,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys.

I went out last night and picked up a fiberglass repair kit from AutoZone. I sanded down the front a little to remove some of the cracks, and will have to sand down the rest of the bumper eventually to get it professionally painted because the spider cracks go up and around the Euro plate holder area. So, its pretty noticable. Nothing the orbital sander cant fix :D

I just finished putting on 2 sheets of the fiber repair, and its drying now. Hopefully by today I will have it all smoothed out with the bondo and some light primer. Once Im all done, Ill get some material up for a writeup. Its time consuming, but IMO, its worth the cost savings in buying a brand new bumper.

·
Registered
897 Posts
aw sit that sucks steve what happend it looks like you bottomed out :thumbdow: hope it all works out

·
Registered
556 Posts
Villian will fix it right up for ya, but it won't come back with those fog lights on it! :lol: J/K.

Those are the highly sought after Votex lights, right?

·
Banned
9,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
991.8T - I had a collision with a U-Haul Tow Dolly Tuesday night when my car broke down. We pushed the car up on the dolly, and next thing, CRUNCH.

4MyPassat - This bumper is a Deitrich RS4 Replica bumper, fitted with the OEM Audi RS4 bumper grilles, and Hella DE Fog Lights, so they are not the Votex ones, sorry.

Yes, it is all repairable. Infact, Its all fixed up now. I have some minor sanding to do on the bottom of the bumper to blend in the fiberglass with the existing surface. Just take the orbital sander a little more and it will be fine. I also used the Household Bondo as well to fill in any little holes or defects with the FG resin. I sanded all of the hair line cracks around the lower part of the fog lights, etc.

Pics are below of its progress. I am also going to take the bumper to a professional shop to have repainted instead of painting myself.

Enjoy,
Steve

*pics up shortly*

1 - 20 of 28 Posts