Tinted Side Markers
Badgeless Grill
LED City Light
Silver-Coated Blinker Bulbs

cheers :beer:

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Welcome to the club Tek. Nice looking :b5: .5 even if it is stock... Hey you gotta start somewhere right? How do you like that Phat-Box? I've heard they're pretty sweet. I'd love to put one in but they run something like $700, and I have to get to some other mods done before I can drop that kind of money on one of those. What kind of mods are you planning for?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks, Seattle.
I *LOVE* the PB. You can see my install writeup here which also includes a link to a screamin deal on the hardware.
I'm an MP3 junkie with literally hundreds of gigs of music so this is right up my alley.
I've got a pile building up in my garage with stuff like springs purchased from S_Klass and a C-Bar from Chas. A VAG-COM and some other goodies are currently in transit.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
I bought the Neuspeed sport springs from S_Klass myself :thumbup: and I'm waiting to get the gas struts/shocks to install with them. I'm saving my pennies for some new rims right now which I hope to have by the end of April. Then I have to come up with the extra $ to do the rest. I hope to have my baby chipped for Christmas (GIAC), and then who knows. Patbox would be nice though.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Chip

SeattleReign said:
I bought the Neuspeed sport springs from S_Klass myself :thumbup: and I'm waiting to get the gas struts/shocks to install with them. I'm saving my pennies for some new rims right now which I hope to have by the end of April. Then I have to come up with the extra $ to do the rest. I hope to have my baby chipped for Christmas (GIAC), and then who knows. Patbox would be nice though.
I've done some research on chips and found that REVO is coming out with there Passat version in a couple weeks. I think they are the only company not to have to solder a chip or physically indicate to the manufacturer that the ECU was tampered with. All REVO does is upload software that is undetectable and can be switchable to stock when taking the car in for service. I think its a good chip. They currently make them for the MKIV's and I've heard nothing but good things. :D

So, maybe by Christmas you'll reconsider the GIAC. I have the GIAC in my MKIV GTI and works well but, if the manufacterer opens the ECU, warranty can be voided. GIAC IS A GOOD CHIP, nothing wrong with it but, the point to my post is, check out REVO. Oh, they also offer a 5 Hour trial period. You get to try out the new power for 5 hours.

Ok I'm done.... :D

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Spanky McGee said:
Thats a great 4 wheelin' shot! :p

Welcome! :thumbup:
Thanks! I didn't stay there long. The desert has some nasty creatures that don't take kindly to Scandinavians like myself. I tread very lightly on the way in, while taking pictures, and on the way out. :)

SeattleReign said:
I bought the Neuspeed sport springs from S_Klass myself and I'm waiting to get the gas struts/shocks to install with them. I'm saving my pennies for ...
heheh You and I (and much of CB5) are going to have similar cars when S_Klass is through, huh?

TripleA said:
All REVO does is upload software that is undetectable and can be switchable to stock when taking the car in for service.
I was wondering when they (chip makers) were going to do that. As much as people brag about their 'chipped' B5s, I'll probably have to add that to my 'to-be' list.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Added 'Monster Mats' to the list of 'Mods'
I feel guilty for doing so since it's hardly a modification. But other people are doing it. :poke:

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bought a Gorilla Trunk Mat and retention blocks.

The tailgate was getting beat up by beer kegs banging into it (there are two stop lights on the way home from the liquor store and I somehow get the red on both). Wedging a towel under it doesn't keep a 150 lb keg from moving completely, nor does driving reeeealy carefully. The retention blocks are like re-bar in concrete and seem to be the perfect solution.
Gotta finish this keg before I can test 'em out...

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Welcome to the club :thumbup:
The "B5 Baja" pic was taken in the mountain range between Scottsdale and Fountain Hills. When I took that picture, almost a year ago, they were building homes in the area. There's probably a casita on that spot now :(
Hope to see you around.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts