Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took off the belly pan for the first time today, intending to replace the DV.

First question: I saw this stuff. It doesn't look good. What is it?

Second question(s): In the picture below, the upper-left rectangle shows a clamp I don't know how to remove. How do I remove it, and even more importantly, can I put it back on again? I don't have a clamp that size.
The lower-right rectangle shows a clamp I've loosened, but the hose seems to be holding on nicely anyway. Are there any tricks to getting the DV out?

TIA

·
Registered
11,873 Posts
In the first picture it look like its all over the motor mount so it could be the goo from inside the mount, I thought it was more of a purple color. Also could be coolant if you have a coolant leak.

Second picture, The left rectangle is a one time use clamp, you have to cut if off with a diagonal cutters or snip of somesort. YOU WILL NEED A NEW CLAMP. Some times the hoses stick after being clamped that long so just stick a screwdriver in and run it around to break the hose loose of the dv.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Purplezr2. Here I thought all those clamps I bought back when would serve me when it came time to replace the DV, but now I see I need some much bigger clamps. What size clamps do I need? Does it make a difference what kind/where I get them?

[edit:] Is it time for new motor mounts?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Thanks Purplezr2. Here I thought all those clamps I bought back when would serve me when it came time to replace the DV, but now I see I need some much bigger clamps. What size clamps do I need? Does it make a difference what kind/where I get them?

[edit:] Is it time for new motor mounts?
check the info forum or search for past DV installtion guidesl...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts