Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, has anyone bought the Kaito clear corners or know someone who's used them. Are they OK quality?
Second, I'm planning on painting my grille VW emblem black, bought the primer and paint. Just wondering how hard it is to take the emblem out. Do I need to take off the grille or does it just snap out from the back?
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
bump

·
Registered
445 Posts
The emblem just comes out if I remeber correctly. Remember to scuff your emblem before putting on the primer or it will peel of eventually.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I have the Kiotos and they are beautiful :thumbup: . I think the inside of my headlights need to be wiped out now or I might go for the crystal ones...

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
i painted my badge last sunday and after a week of shit on the road (slush) and going through the auto car wash its still ok and it looks nice!

·
Registered
399 Posts
The grille emblem comes out from the front - tabs are at 12:00, 4:00 and 8:00.

I used a tail light tint and did mine in "smoked chrome" as I wanted it to look a little different from the grille.

More important than scuffing the chrome is to wash the emblem thoroughly in a strong detergent/water mix (I used Dawn). You need to dry it and paint it fairly soon after cleaning it, and avoid touching the chrome. Paint will stick to the unscuffed chrome if it is clean. I don't think the scuffing is necessary.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts