Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, first problem is with my KW v1's, they are seized up. I tried to adjust the height and i was able to unlock the smaller ring, but the larger ring wouldn't budge, i sprayed it with pb too, but it reached the point where i was bending the adjustment hooks... Do i just take it somewhere and have them take the whole shock out?

Alright, second problem: My brullen exhaust tips look like they have been set on fire, the ends are black. I went to vw and i have an oil leak above the camshaft, could the oil leak be causing this? or is this unrelated. It is possible that i have an exhaust leak, if so it would be extremely small though.

Thanks

·
Lisa Simpson
15,044 Posts
The oil leak could be blackening the tips. Can you clean it off?

On the coilovers, this is not the right way, but you can heat them up a bit. A hair dryer should be safe. It will help draw the PBBlaster into the threads and help them release. Do not use a torch unless you are very experienced with heat control.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
atomicalex
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing