Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm totally baffled. I've been searching for a week here and vortex. I have two antenna looking ports on my monsoon headunit and two wires in the wiring harness that look like they want to go on the headunit, but don't fit. The are both female connectors?? I assume one is the remote wire for the monsoon amps in the trunk and the other is the antenna wire? Am I missing something from my wiring harness that would make these connect? I removed a broken JVC headunit from the previous owner that was using a kufatech harness, and I know those sometimes require modification.

Any help is appreciated! I'm tired of driving to work with CDs playing only on the front channels!!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8UxXj_NfXFIbEFEY1VjUzBuZnM/view?usp=sharing

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, but those just address the speaker harnesses. I've actually trolled through the wiring diagram like 20 times prior to posting this to make sure I didn't miss anything about the antenna wires - but it never mentions them.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Are you not able to simply unplug the aftermarket wiring harness that the other person used to install the JVC?

You might need adapters to go between the harness and the radio. Is it the correct radio for that particular car?

Those are just some thoughts I had.

·
Moderator/Administrator
24,570 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't have onstar. But if I only need one, why do I have two cables and two ports on the head unit?

My car is a passat, but the radio if from a wrecked Jetta - does that matter?

·
Moderator/Administrator
24,570 Posts
I ASSUMED it was a passat radio. Please save others and yourself trouble by giving all the details. It's extremely frustrating when details like that are left out.

What year jetta and what does the radio look like? Oh and neither are remote wires, one is an antenna and the other as well of some sort. you probably won't find any sort of adapter for them if you aren't going aftermarket.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts