Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an ATI All in Wonder Radeon 7500 card for my girlfriend's Dell. It worked for a while but now I can't get the TV tuner to work. I troubleshot it for awhile, and have given up. I was thinking about putting back the original video card and replacing the All in Wonder it with a PCI TV tuner card. Basically she just wants to watch TV on her computer monitor.

Anyone have any recommendations for computer TV tuner card? Anyone try the Hauppauge tuner cards?

·
0 Posts
Do you have it connected to an external antenna or cable! whats the source of your signal!

·
Carlos Spicyweiner
7,048 Posts
OneGuyInCA said:
Also try uninstalling and reinstalling the software for the TV Tuner.

If that doesn't work, try removing the drivers for the card, and reboot, then follow the instructions.
I have the ATI AIW 8500 and the software is a bitch. I always have probs with it. OneGuy is right. Remove ALL of it and reinstall the latest drivers. YOu have to do them in the right order also. I think you will need to have the Hydravision drivers installed first for the TV Tuner to work properly, even if you're not using the hydravision dual monitor system.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
amadeolr said:
I bought an ATI All in Wonder Radeon 7500 card for my girlfriend's Dell. It worked for a while but now I can't get the TV tuner to work. I troubleshot it for awhile, and have given up. I was thinking about putting back the original video card and replacing the All in Wonder it with a PCI TV tuner card. Basically she just wants to watch TV on her computer monitor.

Anyone have any recommendations for computer TV tuner card? Anyone try the Hauppauge tuner cards?
those H tuner cards are find. very very standard chipset. they work with every o/s.

I'd say to keep the older video card and for video INPUT, use s capture card like the H you stated. keep them separate and its better that way.

the H cards are about $50 or so. real cheap since the brooktree chip (bt chipset) is so very standard these days.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Also, if you're on win2K or XP, make sure you've loaded all the latest and greatest updates from Microsoft.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
btw, I have a BT card that has a tuner input (F connector) as well as composite (yellow) rca for video-in.

if you want, you could try my card. its several years old, but again, it uses the bt chipset so it should be recognized pretty well. IM me if you want to try mine. or just get any old Haupp. card.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is a more detailed description of my problem:

The computer is a Dell Optiplex GX400. It has Windows 2000 Professional for its operating system.

I bought an ATI Radeon 7500 All in Wonder video card for my girlfriend's computer. I replaced the existing video card with the ATI All in Wonder and everything worked fine. The TV tuner worked and the DVD player function in Multimedia Center worked.

About a couple of months later she was having an unrelated problem with her Samsung combo CD/DVD drive. It wouldn't read CDs or DVDs. I then replaced the combo Samsung CD/DVD drive with another Samsung CD/DVD drive (Samsung SM-352B combo drive). After I completed the combo drive install I noticed that the TV tuner would not work. Specifically I got the error "Unable to start TV". The popup window said, "The TV player failed to initialize the video". I then ran the ATI Multimedia Center Configuration PC Check. There were numerous errors. I got rid of all of the errors by installing the latest Windows 2000 updates. I also uninstalled the All in Wonder video card software and drivers. I then downloaded the latest drivers and Multimedia Center software from the ATI website instead of using the software on the CD that came with the video card. Currently the PC check runs error free, but when I click on the TV icon on the toolbar on the bottom of the ATI Multimedia window I get the message "FATAL ERROR: AtiSServ Registry Access Failed To StartUp!".

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
linux-works said:
if you want, you could try my card. its several years old, but again, it uses the bt chipset so it should be recognized pretty well. IM me if you want to try mine. or just get any old Haupp. card.
You've got PM! :)

·
0 Posts
Just some stuff i found around the web!

http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/3762.html

FATAL Error: AtiSServ Registry Access Failed to StartUp!
The follow error can occur when launching components of ATI's Multimedia Center software:

FATAL Error: AtiSServ Registry Access Failed to StartUp!
Alternately, the message "ATISServ LogManager Failed to StartUp!" may occur.

This error can occur for two main reasons:

1. The operating system has NOT been restarted since installing Multimedia Center.

or

2. Under Windows 2000 and Windows XP, the current account you are logged in under does not have Administrator rights.

To work around this issue:

If the system has not been rebooted since installing Multimedia Center, then reboot the system before launching any further Multimedia Center components. If the error persists, remove and reinstall Multimedia Center, then restart the system again before attempting to launch any components.

If you are using Windows 2000 or Windows XP, log out and log back onto the computer using an account which has Administrator rights.

INFO-BASE file # 3762

Keywords: ALL PRODUCTS for PC ATI MULTIMEDIA CENTER ATISSERV

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
At the time when you "un-installed" all the drivers and software, did you reboot first before you installed the newer/updated drivers and software from ATI? Some uninstallation softwares will do cleanups right after bootup so if you installed the newer software before you rebooted, it can cause problems.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
7 Participants
amadeolr
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing