Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Tutorials for front disassembly anywhere? Side fenders etc.

852 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Just4Kicks 
#1 ·
Damaged the right fender and sunk in the the headlight along with the hood in a little collision earlier. Gotta think about replacing that now, or maybe my insurance will cover it? I dont know. Just got this thing running a few days ago so the insurance was juust barely instated yesterday (being Saturday today). I got this little add on to my policy, that I was second guessing but decided to get anyways, that says it covers 3500 in personal damage (my policy is only liability) not including fancy rims and yada yada. So hooopefully it might turn out for the better, unless in doesnt cover "my fault" for some reason. Any advice? Wondering how much it will get jacked up if Im only paying 45 per month to. Still need to hammer out the dents to a decent position so a dissemble tutorial would be great either way, thanks.

#3 ·
You're not going to "hammer out" those dents. The front of the car, unlike the rear, is pretty much bolt together - and comes apart pretty much as you'd expect it to. I'd do a little searching here, or better still, purchase a Bentley or Haynes shop manual. You'll obviously need a hood, fender, corner marker, radiator support... probably a headlight and almost certainly various broken supports and components you won't see until you get the hood open. If you had collision coverage they'd probably total it, I don't know what your policy would do. A careful reading of the fine print would be better than calling the agent.

#7 ·
I see, just wanted to hammer out enough that the light is sitting alright, it works and all the lights work. Ill get some under the hood pics, it closes and opens. Was thinking bout fixing it myself but might as well let insurance handle it. Would I pay out of pocket and some how get reimbursed back later with insurance? Never had to deal with this type of thing. 'stupid on ramp traffic meters :thumbdown' Needed to fix my hood already anyway, maybe get the windshield fixed as well. Kinda wanna repaint it to, clear coats been chipping off on trunk and hood awhile now. If I cant find matching colors thad be a plus to right? How much do basic paint jobs usually cost? Ill get more info as I go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.