Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dropped a plastic bottle of turtle wax 9 less than 3 feet . onto a carpet surface . the POS shattered and now I have a big mess.
Dont buy this crap unless you want to have your girlfriend yelling at you cause you ruined the carpet.

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
Whoa, so the wax is cheap because a bottle broke?? Jeez, so I guess if you broke a bottle of LouisXIV Remy Martin, that's garbage as well.

I'm sorry about your carpet and hopefully the stain will come out, but daaaammmnnn.. :roll:

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
natskiboy said:
you use a cheap wax on your car buddy. get her something more worth it.
the thing is the wax works really good. I have been using for more than 6 months . i love the shine.

Im mad cause the plastic is too thin. i thought there were US standards for those bottles.
Yesterday i tested many different plastic bottles to see if they survive a 3 feet drop .
none of the bottles broke . ( cola , nail polish remover , alcohhol , glue )you name it , the dont brake just this POS bottle of .turtle wax .

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
FWIW I did the same thing with a bottle of Klasse AIO. Only it was on concrete in my garage. I have a small water-proof patch there now. Very thin plastic bottle. Luckily I was able to save most of the contents and poured into a rubbermaid container. That container is now seriously warped. I think the AIO ate away at it. So the type of plastic may be selected for some kinda chemical reason.

I'm no chemist. The only element I mess with is my wife's Honda.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
and i broke both meguiar's quik wax and turtlewax. The differences in the bottles 1.8Tabamoura tested are that they are made from different plastics (PET, LDPE, HDPE, etc). Those bottles are made to have specific properties that wax bottles don't need. Besides the wax bottle's life is a lot longer than the other ones you tested and has probably been sitting around outside in your garage, right? :weirdo: butterfingers... :wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
7 Participants
luvmyb5
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing