Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my boss and i were on our way from our shop at about 730 at night to get something to eat. he was in his 92 jetta with a freshly completed 2.0L crossflow swap from a golf, and of course i was in my passat. we werent going too fast, maybe 50 in a 45 or something. either way, i was tailing him pretty close b/c i couldnt let myself be beaten by his jetta. as we crested a hill there was a barricade that said road closed. he slammed on his brakes and locked them up, i slammed on mine as well. he slid off to the left, barely clipping the barricade, and i slid to the right to try and miss him. well, he sent the sign right onto my car and i hit him in the driver rear with my driver front and spun him off of the road into a ditch and i went through the sign (or under it, i'm not really sure) and antilock brakes kicked in and i couldnt stop until around 100 ft down the road after hitting some of those big ass road cones.

when the cop got there he informed us that my boss's liscence was suspended for something he'd already taken care of, and my tag was apparently still registered to my civic from back in the day. so i called my dad, an attorney, and he got all tickets dropped and convinced the cop that the detour signs were backwards (which they were) and that the road closed sign was in a hazardous place due to it being just over the crest of a hill. the cop agreed that it was the DOT's fault and neither of us did any wrong. so luckily my insurance will cover the car and rates shouldnt go up since it was pure accident rather than faulty. no one was hurt, but i was piss'd. my car should be able to be fixed with about 3-4 grand as a rough night time estimate from my boss and i. his car will probably be replaced since it was so old anyways and he'll move on to another bad ass v-dub as usual....he's thinkin old cab, i support the idea. i'll post pics of the damage ASAP and let everyone know the extent of the damage.

if anyone knows of a good place to get cheap body/motor parts (front bumper assembly, core support, hood, headlights, front fenders, power steering pump and reservior, washer fluid assembly, radiator, and a few more parts) i'd appreciate any leads so that i can maybe get soem good out of this and have some left over insurance money to do some sort of modification.

the way i like to see it is that my brand new toyo's were still inflated and my alignment will finally get done...i've been putting that off for a while. :wink:

·
Registered
3,399 Posts

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
-Post self-edited to restore the peace.-

Sorry can't help you on your search for used parts. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
of course, i'm not defending the fella, but we all know we're not all angels.

granted, some of you may be really old, really lame, and have a really wicked holier-than-thou attitude; but you're no angel yourself.

i've had my share of silliness, and it probably wouldn't occur to me to do what this fella just did.... but then, i also wouldn't post it up on a forum filled with typical B5ers.

let the geriatric fist shaking begin!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
oh come on guys, im sure everyone of us has had somebody help us out of a problem.. dont rag on the guy TOO much.. afterall im sure he knows what he did wrong, people make mistakes...I for one know ive had my share, but we learn from our mistakes.. next time he will think twice before he does something like that again..

-Mark-

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Don't ever mention driving fast when someone else is also driving fast.
As you can see all the bleeding cunts who do no wrong come off their high horses to scold you...

·
Registered
105 Posts
1Point8T said:
And now we all pay high insurance... :thumbup:
Call me back when your insurance is greater than €2000 or equivalent annually for a 26 year old, driving since 17, off learners permit at 20 years of age, driving a car worth €10,000.
That is comprehensive insurance, and it is considered low by local standards at the moment.

/me ends rant

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ouch...all of you ouch. i never said we were racing, or even going to fast for what we thought were the conditions. it was purely an accident and the police officer knew it. as for the other stuff, it was all misunderstandings, i just had my dad explain it so that it all didnt sound like excuses coming from the two of us that were involved. all is well now, except for the cars and i've priced parts and they're only going to cost about 1100 plus paint (which i can get pretty cheaply). i'll let you guys know what happens...if you care. L8R

1 - 20 of 20 Posts