Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm guessing it's the relay. Anyone have the PN for this? Or other suggestions. It's not the bulbs. The hazards don't work either. Fuses are fine. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
The thermal relay in your switch probably broke. It is integrated into the Hazard button. Something like a $15 part. Pry carefully, unhook, finished.

SirWired

·
Registered
8 Posts
Part Number #3B0953235D01C from WWW.VWPARTS.COM

Ordered 12/16/03 $20.53 + $5.44 for Shipping Via UPS 2 Day
Total $25.97

I received the part a day after placing the order. Use layers of electrical tape around the switch to prevent damaging the frame. You will need two slim flat bit screw drivers to pop the plastic button off, then a regular or bird beek plyers to pull the switch out. When installing the new switch press firmly until you hear a click, otherwise the button will stick out and look odd. I hope all goes well.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
slimebucket said:
what about a connection somewhere?

Did you wash your car and get some water somewhere???

Rich :crazy: :suspicio: :wink:
The :crazy: & :suspicio: was for the two questions I asked, I am trying to think of what happened about his trun signals! It seems :crazy: that they arent work and maybe water got in somewhere :suspicio:

Does that explain it now?

Rich :wink:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Same thing happened to me

Just replace the hazard switch then you will be alright.

This problem sucks because i replaced my hazard switch maybe 8 months ago and the new switch is starting to fu** up. it continues to click after i make a turn. Its getting really annoying! :mad: I wonder if i go back to the stealership, they might replace it 4 free? :???: I just have to find the receipt. 8)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.