Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Turn off DRLs

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  ke5tny 
#1 ·
Hello all, I have a 2018 GT with LED lights. I am interested if is possible to have a way to turn off the DRLs while driving. I am well aware of the arguments to keeo the DRLs active from a safety standpoint but I am still interested in the possibility. I am also aware that they can be turned off with the parking brake while parked. Ideally, I would like to be able to have the DRLs on with the headlight switch in the auto position and off in the 0 position. Any constructive advise is appreciated.

Thanks

#2 ·
Hello all, I have a 2018 GT with LED lights. I am interested if is possible to have a way to turn off the DRLs while driving. I am well aware of the arguments to keeo the DRLs active from a safety standpoint but I am still interested in the possibility. I am also aware that they can be turned off with the parking brake while parked. Ideally, I would like to be able to have the DRLs on with the headlight switch in the auto position and off in the 0 position. Any constructive advise is appreciated.

Thanks
Well in my 2015 they cut off when you go one click up on the emergency brake. Not ideal i know , but it works

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.