Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, i decided to change my gfb hybrid b.o.v. to the direct swap, turboXs rbv 25. it works great, and turbo lag is virtually ELIMINATED. its awesome, it revs way faster too. anyway, i was wondering how many washers other guys were using. i am using 3, but am thinking of backing it down. i have a 2003 1.8t passat, not chipped (yet), with full exhaust, custom intake, boost controller, n-75j, a8 big brakes, etc etc.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Maybe I'll put em in tomorrow. I'd like to give it a try and see how it goes. Then maybe I can put in my N75.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, here it is, i talked to a performance tech at TurboXs, and he said that the stock 1.8T should run 4 washers. I added the extra washer in today, and also put on a new intake, and let me say, my b5.5 sounds sick!!!! my exhaust now sounds throatier and more fierce. also i can feel a slight increase in pull (prob good for about 7hp max with my full exhaust). but by far the best thing is the TurboXS rbv-25, i find myself letting off of the gas at about 4000rpm to hear a great twwffffffffff sound. its not annoying or intrusive like a BOV, but still gives a nice sound. Awesome stuff. And Yes the 4 washers work great for my mbc setup. :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
speedracer329
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing