Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Trying to build my 1.9TDI on a budget , just wondering what cars can i pull the turbo from? I guess i could weld a new exhaust manifold flange. Also wondering what car could i pull the fuel injection system from ( pumpe duse ).
I have heard you can pull one of the turbos from an Audi A8 4.0 disel and it fits the OEM exhaust manifold, also read that you can use a ford galaxy brain , can anyone confirm this ?
Just trying to get some info, maybe someone can send me a link where i can read about this or give some suggestions. Trying to make this build from parts that are on other cars. Not trying to get huge power.
Will appreciate all answers. (not from a english speaking country , excuse me for my incorrect grammar );)

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. I don't know how much detailed information you'll be able to gain here relating to diesel engines. The focus here is mainly towards gasoline engines.

I can understand the possibility of being able to use a Galaxy ECU with a VW TDI as I understand Ford used the VW 1.9 TDI engines. Why would you want to though? I have not heard anything about using a turbo from the Audi 4.0 TDI.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply ,
I guess the galaxy ECU is more tunable.
Also read that you can use the turbo from an audi A6 2.0TDI ( just sharing information if anyone is interested ) , it bolts on the stock exhaust manifold.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts