Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey peeps help me to choose for a turboupgrade :D i want to spend something like 1500-2000 €
of course i still want to maintein the turbolag as low as possible with quick response at lower rpms i was thinking to reach 240-250 hp any suggestion will be appretiated thx :)
p.s. anyone tried or knows something about this garret kit ? http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/kits/kit_VW_18T_Longitudinal.htm

·
Lefties have rights, too!
15,698 Posts
sokerer said:
hey peeps help me to choose for a turboupgrade :D i want to spend something like 1500-2000 €
of course i still want to maintein the turbolag as low as possible with quick response at lower rpms i was thinking to reach 240-250 hp any suggestion will be appretiated thx :)
p.s. anyone tried or knows something about this garret kit ? http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/kits/kit_VW_18T_Longitudinal.htm
This turbo seems the be the same one APR (www.goapr.com) is selling. However, they also include a new manifold. Remember you will also need to ugrade your exhaust and pay for installation. Even with the KOr kit (www.awe-tuning.com) your are still going to spend in excess of $3K unless you do teh work yourself.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Well, the install looks prettty simple actually if you have at least basic mech skills and tools.

I personally think 300HP with a FWD is asking for trouble (AWD would rock!!!) but would still be fun no doubt.

Since your adding a Manifold with the APR kit its probably a 6 hour job (vs 4 for the Garrett)

Who writes the ECU code for Garrett? Themselves?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
really don't know who writes the software for garret kit however i have already installed other stuffs full exhaust sistem, sport metal cat, blow off valve, cold air intake, powergasket, manual boost controller installation will be made from a friend for little cost :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.