Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my car to the dealership yesterday only for them to telll me that my turbo was fried. Today when i was driving home from work my turbo had boost pressure. Can anybody help me understand this better than the stealership... :???: :???: :???:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a 98 and it has 75000 on it. Yesterday when they told me that it was fried i didn't have any boost but today i do. they told me that it was on it's last leggs. and that it might work sometimes... And no it is not chiped.

·
1st Gear
17,568 Posts
20vbruster said:
It is a 98 and it has 75000 on it. Yesterday when they told me that it was fried i didn't have any boost but today i do. they told me that it was on it's last leggs. and that it might work sometimes... And no it is not chiped.
Maybe they were right then....98s have turbo faliure problems.....and with 75k its probably on its way out anyways. Turbos are not forever.

I would keep driving it til it dies....

But you have 2 options....
1. Upgrade to K04....about $2000-2500 (turbo, chip, dp and exhaust, dv etc)
2. or buy another K03 Turbo....

Installations is not very hard...but it is time consuming and requires 2 people. I did it...I dont see why you wouldnt be able to....

I have a K03 sitting in my basement...but it has 84k miles on it....but it still works. I would just send it to you for free...but I dont think that would be a good idea....because you will only have to do it again when this one goes.

New K03 will run you as much as K04....so subract the price of the turbo from everything that you need. Another words you would need about 1-1.5k extra on top of the turbo.

Good luck

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

1 - 5 of 5 Posts