Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2000 VW Passat 1.8T a few months back from this kid and he had flashed the turbo so it pushing 15psi. Everything in the car is stock and recently when i hit full boost the car starts to hiccup. I've tried to research this problem but i can't seem to find any solid info on it. I've heard it could be the fuel filter, fuel pump, injectors or bad hose somewhere. Does anyone know what it could be?

· Super Moderator
13,803 Posts
Plugs is definitely an easy thing to try and can be the cause of the issue. Especially if you don't know how long they've been in the car. The 1.8T is more sensitive they many engines to plugs. Replacing with OEM plugs is also recommended for the same reason.

· Moderate Moderator
16,459 Posts
Scan for trouble codes and post all the code numbers here in this thread. The engine management system tries to help you diagnose problems so go ahead and see what clues it has to offer.

Which engine code? A 2000 could be an ATW or maybe AUG. Both have coil packs that can fail and cause misfire problems. When you pull the packs to check the plugs, see if the plug wells are filling with oil.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.