Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, first of all how easy is it to install a turbo gauge? Second, I want to replace my muffler, and I've seen some pretty cool ones but then I would need to take the stock one off and weld the new one in. Anyone done this? With what results? And I know this is ricey, but has anyone installed those flamethrowers? how do they work? I heard you have to take the cat off, would that be a problem? Thanks!

*pics are at the bottom!

·
PassatWorld Staff
12,267 Posts
There are several people here who have replaced only the muffler and left the rest of the exhaust stock. Can't remember who right now. Search for "magnaflow" and see what pops up.

·
Registered
318 Posts
If you get just a muffler, do you have to weld anything? Isn't there a coupling just before the muffer?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, jus came back from the auto shop, and we decided to re-do everything from the briefcase thing towards the back. We went with a straight through muffler, and a double tip. Now, she purrs like a kitten.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We had to get about one inch off of the valence, put the tips fill that up nicely. I used a brazillian muffler called Wiest. and one of their tips too. The model of the muffler is Turbo, which just means it's like a straight pipe almost

·
Registered
318 Posts
How much did it cost? I want a similar set-up where the exhaust sits up inside the valence slightly ( I think it looks better that way) and I also only would like to replace the muffler if it's possible.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I'm not in the states, but I got everything done for about U$ 100. Want me to go outside and take some pics?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here they are:

Sorry, they might not look too good, but they were taken with the palm. The digi is traveling.........

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
4 Participants
PhillyT
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing