Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, some of you know that my turbo died, and I have been dealing with all kinds of crap from my extended warranty company who wouldn't cover the replacement because I didn't have receipts showing that I changed my oil. :mad:
So, I was working on my car today and decided to feel around down there and noticed that I can wiggle the crap out of the wastegate rod. I don't know if I didn't notice it before, or just overlooked it, but that is obviously the cause of the problem. And for whatever reason, the dealer never decided to check this or even found the problem :mad:
My question is, is the wastegate rod something that could fail due to any maintenance issues or is it something that is completely a mechanical failure? Looking for some good answers here, as I need to call my warranty company tomorrow if it is soley mechanical so that I can get them to pay for this crap. TIA.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand that it was a common thing, but is it something that can be prevented, or would oil changes have anything to do with it. My warranty company isn't covering the job because I do my own oil changes, and don't have the actual receipts from purchasing oil. So they look at it as my car has never had an oil change since I bought it. Which is far from the truth since I am anal and change it every 3k. If it is soley a mechanical failure, then it has to be covered by them as stated in my contract.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
might as well put in a k04 and save yourself the frustration of dealing with a dealer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
Kenny Payne
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing