Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I've just orderd a boost controller for my 1.9td.
And when I started looking at the vacume-line i found something strange.
So my question is, what is it and what does it do?

It's located under the air-intake and mounted between the wastegate and turbo.
The line from the turbo is splitted and have a line that goes into the airfilter-box.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
That is the N75. It looks to have a vacuum hose hanging loose from it. Replace your old vacuum hoses with silicone ones. I guarantee an improvement.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is the N75. It looks to have a vacuum hose hanging loose from it. Replace your old vacuum hoses with silicone ones. I guarantee an improvement.
I know about the hose. Its the one thats fitted on the airfilter-box that I removed when I tested a sportfilter :)

But where do I fit the boost controller? Between wastegate and N75 or between turbo and N75?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes, but you might not see much for gains until you deliver more fuel via bigger injectors or modded injection pump.

I know about the hose. Its the one thats fitted on the airfilter-box that I removed when I tested a sportfilter :)

But where do I fit the boost controller? Between wastegate and N75 or between turbo and N75?

·
Registered
56 Posts
You should check out KermaTDI, they got alot of top notch stuff for the turbo diesels. I wouldnt start with a boost controller either, thats just asking for problems down the road. Get the ECU tuned if you want more power out of it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts