Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Mild. They need to calm their happy asses down. The car is bizzare enough as is from the factory.

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
What's tuned about it? The neons? Or the ugly fenders?

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
stealthx32 said:
What's tuned about it? The neons? Or the ugly fenders?
IIRC, it's been chipped for a few (relatively speaking) more horses and lb/ft and dropped less than an inch. The big deal here is the speed delimiting. I've read that both cars can top 205 -- at which point the additional aerodynamic bits make sense (I just wish they were more subtle and ferrari-like than outrageous). :(

EDIT: Oh yeah, and the exhaust is like 110dB at WOT!

·
Salty Moderation Stylez
12,663 Posts
JamesBondage said:
My dad just told me he's currently shopping for an E60 M5 (HELL YES!!!!!). He plans H&R springs, tint, and the Eismann sport exhaust. That's about you can (and should) do to the car. Anything else is just plain ugly and/or silly.
I am almost NEVER an all stock guy, but IMHO it is perfect from the factory.

·
Registered
5,885 Posts
The US spec car needs to be lowered in the front. It has a goofy reverse rake.

Tint isn't really a mod.

And the exhaust is just money! (The car in the video was only in P400 mode as well).

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Lol, that is pretty riced out. it's not such a bad business idea to cater to weathly ricers. just b/c you have more $, doesn't necc mean you have more refined taste. at least it's entertaining, which is more than I can say for most 'tuner' cars out these days.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
JamesBondage said:
Hamann will sell most of these kits to people living in the Persian Gulf:

I've hated hamann body kits, but this front is dead sexy. The fogs and the intake holes finish the front. Hate the rest of the kit, especially the ricerocket LED special on the blue one.

Like the e46 M3, i don't think there's much needed out of the box to make the M5 looking sexy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts