Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK just put my new TT DV in to replace the stock piece of crap, I've read somewhere on here that installing in reverse works better, so I put in in reverse and don't really notice any difference over stock during hard acceleration... Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Chris

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
I'm pretty sure it doesn't work better, it just makes a different sound. When you have installed the right way it makes a "whoosh" sort of sound, and when you have it installed backwards it makes more of a high pitched whistle.

·
Registered
352 Posts
is it loud like a BOV?? psssss......
did you connect the vacum hose to the DV as well??

when i first replaced my DV, i initialy thought i had installed it wrong, to me, it made more sence instaling it (inthe backwards position) sinse the overboost would push the valve open........

if you did install it backwards, i wouldnt connect the vacum hose since the pressure(from manifold) would interfier with the valve opening by not allowing it to open(i would think..........

Good point though TheJezter..................

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Anyone done a writeup on this? I've been chipped for a few months now (GIAC) and know I'm on borrowed time until I replace my stock DV....

·
Registered
666 Posts
TheJezter said:
OK just put my new TT DV in to replace the stock piece of crap, I've read somewhere on here that installing in reverse works better, so I put in in reverse and don't really notice any difference over stock during hard acceleration... Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Chris

This is probably where he heard it, haven't done it yet, but I'm sure it's alright:

http://dv.mistertam.com/9.htm

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Got bless HermanH

·
Registered
531 Posts
Where can I buy the TT Dv valve and what's a good price?

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Spooner: I picked mine up at the dealership for $32, you can order it online for about $25. For the extra $7 I got instant gratification ;)

·
Registered
531 Posts
Thanks Gurft...My local Audi dealer is not so local to me. Where do you recommend to look for it by mail order/online? Also if I go to the Audi dealer, I may come home with an A4 which I can't afford right now...could be a costly part :)

I am not chipped yet (hopefully in the next few weeks), but will just changing to the TT DV make any difference in my engine performance, sound, MPG? What should I notice?

·
Registered
327 Posts
I actually just changed my blown original DV with TT DV last evening (as well as vacuum lines). It was like getting a chipped all over again. I don't know if you would be able to tell on a stock car, as the original DV was intended for stock boost, and not much more. I was able to tell a definite difference in my car with a Wett chip and blown vs Wett chip and new TT DV. Back to the original post, though, I did install mine normally and not reverse. (Sorry, got a little off track.)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.