Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now my pedal set is complete.

It had to be modded a bit, had to dremel away a few adjustments parts on the back. Then connect the rubber with doublesided 3M, the again use 3m tape or glue it on your existing pedal.

The other pedals are from a Phaeton (clutch & brake), and gas pedal is from a TT as well.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Ok I'm guessing that the parts you cut off were the clips on the back of the pedal. Did you keep the channel on the left side of the dead pedal and tuck it under the plastic trim on the car? Is the Screw hole at the top empty? Did the TT gas pedal fit with no adjustments?
I've done the pedal and dead pedals in a MK4 but am unfamiliar with a B5. Just trying to collect some info as I will be doing this in the future.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok I'm guessing that the parts you cut off were the clips on the back of the pedal. Did you keep the channel on the left side of the dead pedal and tuck it under the plastic trim on the car? Is the Screw hole at the top empty? Did the TT gas pedal fit with no adjustments?
? # 1,yes.
? # 2,I keept the "old" plastic channel (no use for the TT one), so answer is yes.
? # 3,yes empty with a plastic "cap".
? # 4,I had to dremel a few mm off on the original plastic gas pedal, no biggie.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Very nice Staffan! :thumbup:

Ever since you posted the brake & clutch pedals, I've been thinking about this. (I STILL haven't installed my Zender gas pedal yet! :oops: :roll: )

If my '98's gas pedal were the curved type instead of the flatter type, I'd be doing this too! (I may pick up a TT gas pedal just to see if I can 'flatten' it out.)

How's the grip on the rubber of those pedals? (Specifically with leather-soled dress shoes in rainy weather). The deadpedal HAS to be an improvement.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How's the grip on the rubber of those pedals?
Great, the rubber sticks out 3-4 mm. Only 2-3 mm on the dead pedal though, .
Don't think you can flatten out the TT gas pedal, it will not bent nicely.
can u give us awrite up on your install? also how easy was it to install the clutch, break, and gas pedals...
Search for my earlier post.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Just to make sure...

So, you're saying that these are just out of the box pedals from Phaeton and TT? No mods to make them fit?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts