Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering was all the PWs felt about tsw wheels. like, how would they compare to the quality of say, OZ, konig, and privat? i know konig and privat are the same. just wonderin what yall thing. TIA:thumbup:

·
Registered
9,414 Posts
TSW are very strong wheels ... ive had the Trophys,VX1s,&, hockenheim R and now for the b5.5 wagon the Catalunya .....
never had an issue with bends or construction ...chrome pealing on the VX1s 8 years ago.......
hands down TSW :thumbup: :thumbup:

i had Konig Imangines and monsoons and they were strong too ......

(I think i might be a wheel whore....... got 2 sets of stock 16s, 19s on the wagon now and a new set of 18s w/tires)

·
Salty Moderation Stylez
12,663 Posts
TSW are very strong wheels ... ive had the Trophys,VX1s,&, hockenheim R and now for the b5.5 wagon the Catalunya .....
never had an issue with bends or construction ...chrome pealing on the VX1s 8 years ago.......
hands down TSW :thumbup: :thumbup:

i had Konig Imangines and monsoons and they were strong too ......

(I think i might be a wheel whore....... got 2 sets of stock 16s, 19s on the wagon now and a new set of 18s w/tires)

Wow I think you are the ONLY person to have had good luck with TSW.. I can't say as of late how their quality is. But those of us who had VX1's(me) Throphy's (my buddy) and Hock r's (another buddy) ALL had issues.

back in the mid to late 90's they were known as

Totally
Soft
Wheels

·
Registered
9,414 Posts
Totally
Soft
Wheels
:biglaugh:
sorry to hear that ....
they have been the strongest for me by far:thumbup:(NYC @ that) and if they were that soft i dont think anyone on this fourm would have bought them....
Totally
Strong
Wheels
FLIK wheels are the BuTTEr soft wheels from what i heard .....
19" TSW

18" TSW

17" TSW

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fan of the kyalamis much?? lol
well, im hopin that they have improved since the early 90s. they are in the top two at this point.

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,293 Posts
Woohoo, somebody posted my Variant....Yeah, my TSW's are fine. If from all my research on them found they were soft, I wouldn't have gotten them. I drive on some crappy backroads on my commute.

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
The black one posted is mine. I bent one of them, but i hit a pothole with a metal pole sticking out of it (as in large hole, pole sticking out still below street level but higher then bottom of pothole). I was driving at night on a dark street and BAM...that bent and cracked the lip about 4'' long. Somehow the tire stayed on though and it didnt lose any pressure or wobble at all. So either props to TSW or Cooper for that one, not sure which helped, but it could have been a lot worse looking at the wheel afterwards. I didnt even notice it untill i got home (5-10 miles later).

So TSW quality, they can bend, but then again so can most wheels. I think the way i hit that pothole would have bent almost any wheel. Other then that one incident though they have been fine.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
i got some cheap D|V wheels that im assuming are the same quality as fliks..some sort of replicas but there cheap and look good. There staying shiny but i dont know how long there gonna hold on. I live in florida not many harsh roads..all flat. so im not worried :)

im trying to find a reason to get new rims :/

i hate brake dust :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts