Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

trying to get that right fitment. pls help

Tags
fitment pls
658 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  GrandpaBill 
#1 ·
I currently have 18x8.5 et45 with 225/40 tires and looking for the right size spacers
Previously i was running 17x8.5 with 235/45 tires and was rubbing like crazy on the inner wheel well of the rear and on the fender up front
The current setup just seems to be too tucked in. So im looking for spacers but not sure how big i should go

#3 ·
OEM et is 37 The difference, (45 minus 37...counting on fingers) is 8 mm. Sounds like the et was messed up on the 17s. There is plenty of room under the rear fenders. My experience has taught me to avoid spacers in the front. I use 225.50.17 on a 17x7.5 et35 which fits nicely; with a 5mm spacer in the rear. The difference in the front between your eighteens and my 17s is plus 10mm (which means my front setup sticks out (let's see, 45 minus 35...) 10mm more than yours. Here's a useful site: Custom rims, wheel tire packages Incidentally, I'm coming to the end of the third season for the summer Conti DWs. There's still a bit of W left after about 21k miles.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.