1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
pm sent

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Clear markers for the Passat are currently UNAVAILABLE. the Group buy for them is actually per-ordering for having them made for the first run. I think the pre-order price is like $50, I would jump on it, as the more people that preorder the quicker they get made...

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
The Group buy is availabe in the Group Buy section. We need to define also what we're calling "side markers"

doinitbig:
The side markers you're talking about are the ones that are right behind the front wheels, underneath the side mirrors (on the body, 2004.5+ don't have these, they have theirs integrated into the mirror) You can pick these up from ECS tuning, or many other areas in clear pretty easily (I think you can even get OEM ones from 2001.5+ from the dealership)

MStrickland2:
I think (and tell me if you're wrong) you want the markers that are on the bumper strips, 2 orange ones up front, and the 2 red ones in the back. These are NOT available except via Cullen's group buy in the GB forum, no ones made them before, and if they have, they were expensive 1-off's

Hope this clears (and doesn't confuse things) up

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
RAH said:
let's put some more info on this subject, if there is going to be a group buy, specialy for $50, i want to know more :thumbup: and how about somepics of them :???: :lol:
There really are no pics except those in the GB thread. They have never been made and are being produced for the first time ever.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
citispot said:
I know for a fact that I have seen them before on a standard VW parts website. I'll be damned if I can't find them right now.
You are talking about the side blinkers. Those are not the crystal clear versions on the VW website nor drivergear. Those ARE available as an OEM part as clear.

I was, and some others were talking about the side MARKERS in orange in the front and red in the rear which are not in clear YET.

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
RL331 said:
citispot said:
I know for a fact that I have seen them before on a standard VW parts website. I'll be damned if I can't find them right now.
You are talking about the side blinkers. Those are not the crystal clear versions on the VW website nor drivergear. Those ARE available as an OEM part as clear.

I was, and some others were talking about the side MARKERS in orange in the front and red in the rear which are not in clear YET.
No, actually I am talking about crystal clear versions of side MARKERS (normally orange in the front and red in the rear). The ones I am referring to are not OEM, however, there are manufacturers out there that have made perfect replicas, only in a clear lens color. I'm not sure which website I have seen them at but I will continue searching. I will let you all know once I find them. Sorry if I confused anyone when I said "standard VW parts website". I didn't mean OEM by this, I just meant a website that regularly sells VW parts OEM and not OEM.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
citispot said:
RL331 said:
citispot said:

No, actually I am talking about crystal clear versions of side MARKERS (normally orange in the front and red in the rear). The ones I am referring to are not OEM, however, there are manufacturers out there that have made perfect replicas, only in a clear lens color. I'm not sure which website I have seen them at but I will continue searching. I will let you all know once I find them.
No one has ever made them for the Passat. They are available for the Jetta and Golf but not the Passat. If you notice, no one on this board has them, that is why there are about 500 people jumping on that GB.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.