Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
15,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to touch up on what was going on with the database errors. As you all probably noticed, we've been receiving a lot of them lately. The truth is, the amount of bandwidth has more than tripled in the last year and a half. This has put a large burden on PW's server, so I'e been looking into fixes. The site cannot go on much longer the way it is growing right now. I've gotten in touch with Vortex to discuss the possibility of "merging" our sites. We would still be indepenent and run the way we want, but advertisement and sponsor rules will become much more strict as we would be required to open up our traffic to their ads.

The database errors are occurring whenever we exports large forums over to the Vortex. We are exporting the forums to test them to see if our software is compatible not only on their server, but with their advertising software as well.

Again, no deal has been made and nothing is for sure, we are just weighing in on our options. As moderators of this site, please give me your thoughts on this...I would really appreciate your input.

·
0 Posts
I think the merger will suck but the it would reduce down time, so let it happen.

·
Super Moderator
14,046 Posts
I still have fond memories of the Voretx when we were all still there. Viva la Vortex!!!

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,900 Posts
so the big question is, do we still get to keep our jobs? after all, you promised us we'd be getting cash for this, Thanasi... :poke:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts