Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
PassatWorld Staff
12,267 Posts
What??? We have a trunk light? I don't... is it an option that I could install myself???

Thx - Rusty

·
Registered
454 Posts
I'm pretty sure you have one. Every other B5 trunk I've seen has one. Take a look back there, it's small but it should be there. What year is your B5?

·
Registered
902 Posts
Any idea how I can get the dealer to fix this. I've tried to let two different dealers fix the problem a total of three times, each time I've told them I think it's the microswitch.

1st Time - They pulled the bulb, put it back in, now works they said.

2nd Time(different dealer) - Pulled bulb, said bulb is bad. Told them I disagreed, I pulled the bulb myself and said it was fine. Told them that this seemed like and intermittant problem.

3rd Time - Says bulbs are burning out because of bad socket. They replace the socket at my cost because the dealer had not contacted my extended warranty company in time and they were closed. Would not fax the order in, said if I wanted it covered by the extended warranty I would have to pick it up the next morning.

Something I didn't learn after the 3rd time,--check if to see if they had fixed the problem. Granted, the car was there for other more major problems each time, but I'm learning that I can take nothing for granted with VW service these days.

Really a shame, because I love my car.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Dumb microswitch questions...

1. Is the metal tab that pushes on the metal button supposed to be touching the metal button all the time, or is there suposed to be a gap when the lock is closed?

2. Does the microswitch affect the lock/unlock system as well, or does it just control the trunk light?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Rusty said:
What??? We have a trunk light? I don't... is it an option that I could install myself???

Thx - Rusty
I have a crystal chandelier in my trunk. (nah nah) It really brings out the shine of the marble floor. :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
8 Participants
Beavis
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing